Friday, November 5, 2010

Thank you Tilda card

I made this Thank you card using Secretive Tilda, isnt she a doll? A friend of mine sent me this image, and I think she might be one of my new faves!!!! I think I might be ordering her for myself today!!! shhhhhh LOL
I chose to stick with some Autumn colors of brown and orange. I love the color combo, and think these design papers are delish. :)
The challenge at Cute Card Thursday this week is to use vellum or tissue paper, so I chose to use tissue paper to make an embellishment. I made this large Orange flower out of tissue paper. I glimmer misted white tissue paper with Oriental Poppy Glimmer Mist. I then dried with my heat gun til it started to crinkle up a bit. Then I used my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and cut the flower layers (about 10 pieces of tissue paper). I then stacked then up, put a brad through the middle, and scrunched it up til I liked the result. I think it turned out pretty cute!!! I also used some prima flowers, glimmer misted in Chocolate Covered Cherries, and some iamroses.com mini roses. I added some gold beads to the center of the Prima Flowers for some added pop!
I cut these cute corner brackets with my cricut, Storybook cartridge. I then added stickles to them to give them some added sparkle and shine!!!! I also added stickles to the rose bunch to give that added pop!
I colored Tilda with copics -
skin - E000, E00, R20
Hair - E51, E53, E25, E27, E29
Overalls - B91, B95, B97, YR01
Shirt and bows - YR0000, YR000, YR00, YR01
Flower bunch - R85, R81, G24, G21, G20, E40, E42
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
All That Scraps - Fall with a Fold
Cute Card Thursday - Gently Does it (vellum or tissue paper)
Bizzy Bec's -Cute and Sweet
Cupcake Crafts - Thank you with Autumnal colors
Just Magnolia - Anything Goes with option of beads



10 comments:

  1. Hi Becca, very very beautiful card. Love your flower, I also make my own flowers. It's so nice that you can determine the exact colour you want, don't you think?
    Greetz, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Becca. I love your flower and Tilda is coloured to perfection. thank you for joining us in BB November Challenge. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week Becca ! Your card is simply delicious ! Love the papers and your flowers are gorgeous ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, I love the colors and the embellishments.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Just Magnolia this week!

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful card, love the image and flowers
    thanks for joining us at SAM
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable and your colouring is fabulous!!! Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous card and gorgeous flowers thanks for joining our orange challenge at SAM.
    Hugs Kaylou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card & I adore those flowers!
    Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs.
    marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous Becca! Your Tilda is adorable! love how you colored her and designed your card! So glad you linked up to the ATS Magnolia challenge! Thanks for playing!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  10. O I love this Tilda too! So sweet isnt she. Your paper coice and flowers are gorgeous. Love it all! thanks for joining in with us this month at Bizzy Bec's!
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete