Saturday, November 20, 2010

Greeting Farm Birthday wishes

This card won the Challenge at Simon Says Stamp!!!!!

Just one more post from me tonight. Here is a card I created using this adorable Greeting farm image. A friend of mine sent me this image, so I am not even sure of her name, but I think she is adorable.
I used the sketch from Creatalicious Challenges for the design of this card. I kept the sketch as it was posted, yet my flowers cover up a bit of one of the squares. I used my nesties labels 8 die to cut this cutie out, and then distressed the background with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I cut the sentiment label out on my cricut, then added the sentiment from my Anya Says stamp set. I then also distressed the sentiment with Dusty Concord to match.
I colored this cutie with copics, but she has been sitting in my stash for a bit, so I am not exactly sure what colors I used. Sorry kids, I should have written it all down, next time!
There is a TON of sparkle on this card, but it did not photograph that well. I tried to show all the bling and shine, but it just does not do justice in the photos. I glimmer misted the white prima flowers with Lily pad, Sage, and Pashmina Glimmer mist. I then added Prima bling to their centers for added sparkle. I punched out the butterflies with my Martha Stewart Monarch punch, and added stickles to them. I also added stickles to the images dress and hair bows.
There is bling corners added to the left side, top and bottom, of the card for just a bit more sparkle. I hope you enjoy this sparkly birthday card. I had a blast creating it!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
The Greeting farm - Farm Fresh Friday Sparkly Birthday
Simon Says - Sparkle
Oh Alice - Use a butterfly

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this card, the brown with just a little green works wonderfull, and the lilac works perfectly with that. Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this wow !! she is sassy and your card is excellent xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, sweet image, stunning butterflies all pulled together to create a wonderful design. Thanks for joining in the Oh Alice challenge. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it sure is an adorable image and you made her soooo very BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love your work--great colors, stunning embellishments, and GORGEOUS Butterflies!!!
    Excellente~~Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious and good luck!!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and love the adorable image.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becca,

    WOW I love your take on this sketch! You've chosen a beautiful colour scheme and the image is beautiful. The flowers, butterflies and glitz all look wonderful too :)

    Thanks for joining the Creatalicious Challenge!

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Becca :-) I love this image and the colours, papers and embellies are all just perfect :-)

    Congratulations ,,,you are the lucky winner of the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorab;le creation, Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie this fortnight and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! I love the rich colours and the gorgeous flowers and butterflies.
    Thank you for joining our "glitter" challenge at Oldie but a Goodie.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete