Saturday, November 20, 2010

Autumn Thanks

I am feeling so thankful for all the things in my life this week. With Thanksgiving coming up here next week, I am thinking about all the things I am so thankful for, one of them being this amazing craft that I love so much. Papercrafting is such a special gift, and I am so thankful that I am able to participate in this wonderful crafting community. I am inspired each and everyday by another papercrafter, and I hope that I can someday inspire someone else. Here is my card to celebrate that feeling of papercrafting community.
I know that I have used this image, Tilda in Autumn Leaves, recently on another card, but I just LOVE her so much, I had to use her again when this card came to mind. I love the autumn colors, they are so warm and welcoming, and this cutie image seemed to be the perfect fit!
I added LOTS of Stickles to this image in the leaves, so it kinda looks like Tilda is falling in glitter. In person, it is so shimmery, it is To Die For!!!! The picture totally does not do it justice, it is so sparkly and shiny!
I colored this image with copics:
Skin -E000, E00, R20
Hair - Y11, Y20, YR20, E53
Shirt - YR0000, YR000, YR00, YR01
Pants - B91, B95, B97
Leaves - E08, E33, E35, YR04, YR20, R39
I added lots of roses to this card from iamroses.com. I am completely obsessed with her flowers, they are gorgeous! I glimmer misted the orange rose buds with Oriental Poppy Glimmer Mist. The brown roses were already pre-colored, So I just added Gold Glimmer mist to them to add some sparkle. I also added Stickles to the edges of the roses for some added bling.
I followed the sketch from The Pixie Cottage and Lord Have Mercy (I lucked out as their sketches were SUPER similar, almost identical this week)for the layout of this card. I did have a flip it and move some of the embellies around to make it work for the way this stamp is situated, but I totally LOVE how it came out. I also used a faux stitching stamp that I have to add some faux stitches to the orange layers of the card. I love this look. I wish I could sew, but that is still not a craft I have gotten into, so, for now, I will stick with my faux stitching stamp!

I am entering this card into the following challenges
7 Kids College Fund - Give Thanks
Papertake Weekly - Autumn Skies
Simon Says - Sparkle
The Pixie Cottage - Sketch and/or Ribbons and Bows
ABC DT Challenge - Sew Special
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Something that makes you happy - GLITTER

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card :-) I love this Tilda and the apers and embellies are perfect ,, such beautiful colours and the roses are stunning ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp and PTW Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow hun this is just simply stunning really love the paper and the wonderful embellishments you have used to make one amazing card,
    ,bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week hope too see you again soon love hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Love the coloring! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing !! beautiful and so cute I love this Tilda and wow what a card !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this stamp is just fabulous. I've only used mine once and need to stamp it again! great card.
    Thanks for playing with us at ABC Toys & Crafts.
    Jacilynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...love the sweet Tilda and all your fab embellis. Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card and all the details youve put into it! Darling image tooo!!! :)

    Thank you for joining us at ABC toys and Crafts Sew Special challenge this week!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a beautiful fall card! I love all of your fine details! Tilda is adorable. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the pixie cottage.
    Denise
    PC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dear
    what lovely card you made, tilda is so sweet... and I like all those flowers, it is very rich! =)
    thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage!
    hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a beautiful autumn card, lovely colours.
    Thanks for joining the Pixie Cottage this week.
    Adrina XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is utterly Gorgeous, I love the DP's and those amazing flowers. Sweet Tilda too of course. Thank you for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week, good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling project - look at that beautiful glitter all over those leaves! Super sweet image!! Thanks so much for playing with us at ABC Toys & Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yummy fall! wow-- this is a card that WORKS! kuddos to you, and thank you for sharing at the pixie cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card and love the adorable tilda.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet card and I am looking forward to autumn again! Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card!
    Thanks so much for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!! I love the flowers and dp. Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful interpretation of the "SEW Special" Challenge at ABC Toys & Crafts.

    ReplyDelete