Monday, November 29, 2010

color scheme Tilda in Winter Coat

Here is my take on the color scheme challenge over at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. This color scheme was quite a challenge, as I did not really have a paper that went along with those colors. SO, I had to get creative! I do like how it turned out, very out of my comfort zone, but turned out pretty, I think.
I used some of my new My Mind's eye Christmas paper, and some purple Bazzil cardstock as matting.
I used copics to color this Tilda -
Skin - E000, E00, R20
Hair - Y11, E31, YR20
Coat and tights- B0000, BV01, BV00, BV02
Boots - W1, W3, W5
Package - E33, E35, E31
Shadow - W1, B0000, W3
I added pink ribbon, and glimmer misted some prima flowers in gold and cosmos glimmer mist. I then colored some white pearls with my B24 copic marker, and added those to go along with the color scheme.

I am entering this card into the following challenges -
Paper Sundaes - Adorn those corners
Just Magnolia - Sketch
Cute Card Thursday - Blast from the past. (Dying for a punch (August 26th challenge) No Punches or die cuts were used on this card.)


10 comments:

  1. Hi Becca,
    Tilda is coloured wonderfully.
    The brightness from your awesome pink ribbon and your dark blue jewels is a wonderful accent to your soft purple coat and paper.
    Your card is bright and sassy just like the Inspiration photo.
    Thank you for joining us at Magonilia-licious Challenge Blog.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca, well even out of your comfort zone, your card turned out lovely. Tilda in purple is so pretty and well coloured. Very nice. Greetz, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!
    Hugs Susy

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card...great take on our challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes.

    fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becca...what an adorable little card! My favorite thing...beside Tilda, of course...is the bow!! What a delicious color!! You coloring is so soft and pretty! Thanks so much for joining in this fortnight's Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog challenge!! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! The image is adorable.

    Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Tilda in her little purple coat. Too cute. Thanks for playing along with Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely texture on Tilda's coat and the coloring is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Inspiration Challenge and hope to see you joining us again for more :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  9. So soft and pretty! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Becca! You did a fabulous job working outside your comfort zone. Love the layout and the beautiful flowers. So nice to see you join us at Magnolia-licious and I look forward to seeing more of you. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete