Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lili of the Valley Christmas Card


Here is a Christmas Card I made using this cute Lili of the Valley Bear stamp. I absolutely think he is such a doll. This made for the perfect winter scene, and cute Christmas card.I followed the sketch by Bev on Lili of the Valley's Challenge blog for this week. I LOVE the details. I got to break out my Tim Holtz Ornamental Die to cut the border trim. I LOVE when I get to bring a little Timmy into my projects! I used my cricut to cut the small circle for the sentiment, as well as the border matting.
I added lots of pretty Prima flowers to the card as accents. I used some frosted blue Primas, a large white sugar coated white rose, a smaller white rose, and two small white roses that I glimmer misted in Silver Sugar. I also added a thin white satin ribbon to follow the sketch. I then added some blue bling to the center of the flowers, and some blue skittles to the corners of the matting paper for added embellishment and bling!
I used Bazzil cardstock and Graphic 45 Christmas Past deluxe patterned paper as the paper for this card. The card base is a sparkly silver cardstock from my stash.
I added Polar White flower soft to the snowflakes in the image, I think it turned out really cute, this pic does not really do it justice. It is super fluffy and shiny, and looks like real snow, super cute!
I used copics to color the bear.
fur - E25, E33, E27, E29
Scarf and hat - R32, R39, B91, BG42
Grass - G21, G24, G20
Shadow and snowflakes - B0000
I am entering this card into the following challenges
Simon Says - Punch Em
Anything Goes - the Letter "B" (B is for Bear)
Bizzy Bec's - Cute and Sweet
Fussy and Fancy - Winter Wonderland
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Winter (Blue, White, Silver)
Stampavie and More - Christmas
Totally Papercrafts - Bling it on

14 comments:

  1. love this card the little bear is so cute and the colours are perfect thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca,

    sweet card, love it! Love the colors, the cut little bear and the idea with the flowersoft.

    Hope to see you again and thanks for joing us at Delightful Challenges,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous Becca and the colours are beautiful. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, such a cute image and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joing us at AG. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable Becca. Gorgeous colours. thanks for joining us in BB November Challenge. Hugs jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca this little guy is so cute. Great idea using the flower soft to the snowflakes! I tell ya your creativity is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Great job as usual. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww this is adorable - Thanks for joining BB November Challenge.. Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is so adorable and beautifully coloured!!! Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love LOTV stamps, this bear is such a cutie. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining BB November Challenge *hugz*

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bear is so cute. Do love the LOTV stamps. Lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at Anything goes. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great winter card! The flower embellishments are terrific. Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so adorable. Lovely card & coloured beautifully!
    Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs.
    marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. O this is so adorable. Just love LOTV stamps!! That T!m border is pretty amazing too! thanks for joining in with us this month at Bizzy Bec's!
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete