Saturday, November 27, 2010

DCD Christmas Club - DT - Use a Die Cut

This card won at icopic Challenges!!!

Here is my card for this weeks DCD Christmas Challenge. The challenge is to Use a Die Cut. So here is my take on that challenge.
I used this gorgeous image, Tree Fairy, created by my fellow DT member, Roberta. ISnt it just the cutest thing you have ever seen??? Roberta is uber talented, and I am honored to use this gorgeous image in one of my creations!
So, I used my cricut to cut out the scalloped oval frame, which are my die cuts on this card. I added sticky back pearls to the scallops for some added fun!
I added four brads to my card, the pearls at the top and bottom corners are brads.
Well, of course, I added lots of roses. I glimmer misted them in Scarlet and Walnut Gold to match the design paper and image.
As a side note, I had disaster strike while creating this card. I toppled over a bottle of Scarlet Glimmer mist while I was painting my large rose!!!!!! :( It spilled all over my craft desk, ruining some of the things I have been working on. LUCKILY, this baby only got touched a bit, and I was able to cover some of the areas that got ruined. FYI, always screw the lid on tight to your glimmer mist, and be careful! It could have been much worse than it was. There is a tiny dot near the bow that is the spilled glimmer mist. At least it has character, right???!!!
I colored this beauty with copics -
Skin -E000, E00, R20
Hair - E53, E57, E59
Dress - E40, E41, E42, E43, R29, R27, R24, R20
Shading - W1, W3, Antique Linen Distress ink
Wings - Y15, Y13, Y11, 0
Ornament - R29, R27, R24, Y15
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Icopic - Color Challenge and use an ornament
A Spoon Full of sugar - Anything goes
Cupcake Crafts - Fairytales (Tree Fairy image)
Papertake Weekly - Cut it out (scalloped and regular oval)
ABC Christmas - X is for Xmas
Creative Inspirations - Anything Christmassy/Wintery
Stamping Scrapping - Christmas
Delightful Sketches - Flower Power


8 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwww Becca this is absolutely superb, the image, papers and flowers it looks amazing and vintage which I adore
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca
    A gorgeous card,love the flower's,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becca. This is such a pretty card, I love the rich colours. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Becca! I love all the flowers! Thanks for joining in the flower challenge at Digital Delights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely traditional card, thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge this time, Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow wow stunning card so beautifully made thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply amazing, as always. Thanks for sharing at SSCC. C2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to our challenge #8 Winner entry #12 Becca! Email us at info@icopic.com to clam your early Holiday Gift!

    ReplyDelete