Saturday, November 6, 2010

DCD Christmas Club - DT - Christmas Crackers


This is my first card for my Design Team position at Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club!!!!! This weeks theme is Christmas Crackers. WOW, this was a REALLY hard theme for me. Before this challenge, I had not even heard of christmas Crackers, and had no idea what they were. After some searching on the internet, I found out.
I decided to make a shape card, and made up my own template using an image I found on the internet. I just basically drew the template on the back side of my paper, measured til I got it right, then cut. I looked at lots of Christmas Crackers on the internet before I cut!!! LOL
I used Jolly Tilda, from the 2009 So Jolly Collection from Magnolia, for this card. I just love her, she is so cute with all her gifts!!!
I colored Tilda with copics:
Skin - E000, E00, R20
Hat, Sweater, Pants - E40, E41, E42, E43
Boots - W1, W3, W5
Mittens - R39, R29, R27
Gifts - E33, R29, R27, B91, G21, G24,
I added some candy cane embellishments from Jolee's, which I think went perfectly! I also some pointsetia flowers from Prima.
I hope you enjoy this card. It was very far out of my comfort zone, and not what I am used to doing, but I really like how it came out.

2 comments:

  1. Becca,
    I totally love this card. It is fantastic.
    Thanks so much for sharing
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Love this Tilda. Love your colours.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete