Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sweet Pea Halloween Card

This is my first time using a Sweet Pea stamp, and I think that now I have found a new addiction. As if I needed another one, I know!!! LOL. Anyway, I just love this stamp and think this image is just so beautiful. It is so detailed and intricate, and I just love how this card came out. I used Raven Head by Recollections for the patterned paper. I wanted to stick with Orange and Purple, so I used Orange Cardstock as the matting. I think it helped to make the patterned paper pop.
I colored the image with copics:
hair - E51, Y21, Y11
Skin - E000, E00, R20, R29 (lips)
Dress & hat - C9, C7, C5, C3, V06, V04, V01, G20, G24
cat - C7, C5, C3, R20, Y13
Pumpkins - YR20, YR03, G21, G24
Leaves - G20, G24
Background - B0000
I cut a bow shape and circle in black cardstock with my cricut, and thought that they made great accent pieces to the card layout. I used a black ribbon and then layered a Halloween colored ribbon on top. I used them as accent pieces, and thought a bow in the corner looked just perfect. I used three white Rose flowers I bought from I am Roses, and I hand painted them with Black Gold glimmer mist. I also used three white prima flowers, and I hand painted them with Haunted Shadows glimmer mist to match the colors of the paper. I also used three white mini roses from I am Roses, that I hand painted with Peach Delight Glimmer Mist to match the color scheme of the card. I used a stitching stamp to stamp around the edges of the patterned paper (I do not own a sewing machine), to give the card a finished look.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Scary Creatures
Papertake Weekly Challenges - 3 of each of three different kinds of flowers
Stamping Vacations - Occasion Oasis chalenge (Halloween)
Fussy and Fancy - Halloween
Anything Challenge - Anything Goes - Ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope this card has given you inspiration to go out and be scrappy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow another gorgeous card! You really have out down yourself on this one!! I love your stamp and color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paper and the ribbon! And your coloring is beautiful, too! Thank you for joining Fussy and Fancy this week! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Halloween card and you did a fantastic job coloring the image! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete