Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hey Mr. Postman

Hey Mr. Postman, look and see, is there a letter ooohhh yay, in that bag for me......
Sorry, now I have that song stuck in my head. Back to the cards, Bec, yes, I know.
Ok, so I made this card today for the challenge over at Magnolia Down Under. The theme this week is All Aboard - travel themed cards. This stumped me pretty much all week. I do not have any of the cute Magnolia traveling images or stamps, so I had to improvise, and this is what I came up with.
I used Tilda in Windy Weather, from the Cozy Autumn Magnolia Collection. I LOVE her, isnt she adorable. I basically wanted the card to look like she had just landed at her tropical vacation, and now it was raining. I have been in her shoes before, landed in Mexico with my bathing suit in hand, ready for the beach, when a hurricane hit, and it rained our ENTIRE trip. It was the worst vacay I have EVER been on, but, I digress, back to the card. hehehe
I colored her with my copics:
Skin - E000, E00, R20
Hair - E25, E27, E29
Dress and Hat - C1, C3, C5, C7, R39, R34, R31
Umbrella and gloves - R31, R34, R39
Shoes - W1, W3, W5, W7

I used Webster's Pages Seaside paper collection. I love how the luggage was on the design paper, it worked perfect for this card. I used a Crafty Secrets Stamp set I have to stamp the airplane in the distance, and the PostCard Sentiment.
I used a TON of sparkle on this card. I added stickles in Diamond to her dress ruffle, umbrella, hat bow, and belt. I also added some red mini roses from reccollections and a cream twisted rose from iamroses.com, which I also dusted with a bit of stickles yo give them sparkle. I used stickles on the luggage, because of course Tilda's baggage has to have bling!!!! Prima bling and pearls just finish off the sparkle and shine!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
ABC Challenge - G is for Glitter
Papertake Weekly - Sparkly and Bright
Totally Gorjuss - Sparkle


5 comments:

  1. Hi :o)) your card is beautiful!
    Lovely colours and Tilda is sooo cute :o))
    Thank you for joining us at MDUC this week.
    Hugs Anne Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fantastic attention to detail, your card is gorgeous!

    Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss and totally hope you can join us for our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Your card is fantastic! I love your use of pearls/bling, and Tilda in her black dress is so cool:))
    Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week.
    Hugs, Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. Love all that bling. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow so gorgeous. So much detail.
    Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week
    love Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete