Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Black, White, and Pink card!

Here is a card I made for Breast Cancer Awareness month. I thought I would use the color scheme of Black, White, and Pink. I love how it came out. I used Webster's Pages, Life's Portrait for this card, and love the simple, yet beautiful design of them.
I used the new image from Magnolia, Brother and Sister, for this card. I thought that they did not HAVE to be brother and sister, they could be hubby and wife, friends, etc. I love how close they are, and that big bear hug is so sweet. the sentiment I used is also new from magnolia images.
I colored these cuties up with copics:
hair - YR20, Y11, E33, Y20, E29, E27, E25
Skin - E000, E00, R20, R02
Tilda's Dress and Socks - R000, R00, R02
Edwins Shirt and Overalls - C1, C3, C5, C7, W1, W3, W5
Shoes - W1, W3, W5
I used popdots to pop the image off of the card and make it stand up a bit. I think it makes the image more of a focal point when it is popped up! I added some pink ribbon for Breast Cancer Awareness month. I also added Black and pink roses from prima and www.iamroses.com. Then, of course, some vintage lace, prima bling, and pearls to finish it off.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Anything Goes Challenge - Black and white
icopic lover - Fight for the Cure

4 comments:

  1. Great card, love the coloring and embellishments! Good luck on your entries!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Becca! I need to dig out my Magnolia's as well. You card is so pretty and perfect for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a good look at your work and its amazing darling Thank you for entering my DT Call for the Die cut Dreams Christmas Challenge Good Luck and check back Saturday when I will be announcing my new Designer
    Hugs Susie Sugar xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one very pretty card and the image is so cute. Thank you for joining us over at AG. Love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete