Sunday, June 5, 2011

Copics as distress inks

This card won Top 3 at Really Reasonable Ribbon!!!

I was trying a new technique with this card, and playing with my copics in a new way. So, PLEASE be nice and keep in mind that this is my first attempt at this kind of coloring. What do you all think? I used copics to make my coloring look like distress inks. I watched Suzanne Dean's video tutorials on how to color with copics to look distressed, and gave it a shot.
I used my Basic Grey Curio paper stack for this card. It is one of my faves, and I think I am going to have to invest in a new stack, as this one is almost used up! Sad day. I paired up these beautiful papers with Beautiful Tilda from Magnolia, she is my ALL TIME FAVE stamp, I just love her, so pretty.
I colored Tilda with copics.
Skin - E13, E00, R21, 0, W3
Hair - E27, E23, E31, E50, E53, 0
Dress and Wings- R00, R0000, E42, W3
Butterfly - B00, B000, E23
I added Stardust Stickles to the outside of her wings for some added interest.
I like the look of the copics like distressed inks. I love the distressed look, and I have NOT mastered coloring with distress inks yet, though I have tried, I am NOT good at it. I love the vintage look and feel of it. The copics did come out a bit dark, and what I like about the distress ink look is the lightness of it. So, I still need LOTS of practice, but thought this was ok for a first try!
Of course, I added some girlie touches to my card. I added some cream vintage lace, along with a light brown silk ribbon and bow. I added some Wild Orchid Flowers too! White 25mm roses, which I sprayed with Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist, light blue cherry blossom, and brown 15mm roses.
I finished off the inside of the card with more of the design paper and silk ribbon.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Just Magnolia - Anything Goes with option of Lace
Copic Creations - Distressing with copics
ATS blog - Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes
Really reasonable Ribbon - Pink and Brown
Charisma Cards - Something that Flies
Cute Card Thursday - Embellish it
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Your favorite Stamp
Magnolia Mania - Punches

14 comments:

  1. Lovely card but as you mention the "new" colouring yourself..Tilda looks as if she had a bit toooooo much sunshine LOL!!!

    Gr. Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic, I tried it too with Suzanne's tutorial, but just didn't get good results, so had to switch, this is awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Becca :-) and congrats on trying a new techinique,, my only suggestion would be to maybe add more colour to the center of her face ,, ?? not that I am an expert or anything but maybe her nose looks a little pale in comparison ??? The papers and design are fabulous as always :-)


    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous and your coloring is amazing! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, love the colour combo of papers, all the little details and your colouring is fab, I don't think you need loads of practice it looks amazing to me!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow becca this is fab ive never seen copics used like inks will have to check out the tutorial ,pretty amazing for a first attempt id say !!! love the colours you've used too
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Becca, and your attempt at distressed Copics is fab...don't ya just love trying new techniques?!! Love your card, but then...I love all your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is gorgeous, love Tilda and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Becca, a wonderful use of your favourite stamp, and brilliant technique with the copics as distress inks!!!
    The Design Team and I are so pleased you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show
    Many thanks
    HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is stunning! Love everything about it. Thanks for joining the Copci Creations challenge ;D Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, LOVE your coloring and gorgeous details!! thanks so much for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just so adorable! I love this image and your amazing coloring!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!

    Connie
    RRRDT

    ReplyDelete