Saturday, June 11, 2011

Basic Grey Challenges Design Team - Hot Pink, Lime Green, and Kraft

This week at Basic Grey Challenges we have a color challenge for you all. The challenge this week is to use Hot Pink, Lime Green, and Brown/Kraft. I LOVE this color combo, so fun and summery!
I used Basic Grey Sultry papers for this card, the colors were just perfect!!! I love how the Kraft cardstock just sets everything off, looks amazing! I used a Lime Green silk ribbon to contrast all the pink. I paired the papers up with one of my all-time fave Magnolia images, Tilda with heart. I just think she is soooo cute! I cut Tilda out using my Oval and Beaded Oval Nesties. I added Viva Decor Pearl pen around the edges of the beaded ovals for an added touch.
I colored Tilda with copics.
Skin - E21, E000, E00, R20, R30
Hair - E27, E23, E53
Dress - RV17, RV14, RV3, RV10, RV00
Socks and heart- RV13, RV10, RV00 (I added Rock Candy Stickles to the heart for a tiny bit of sparkle)
Shoes - E44, E43, E42, E41


Of course, I added some Wild Orchid flowers to the card. I used green and white 25mm roses, green/yellow two-tones cherry blossoms, and white 15mm roses. The white roses I sprayed with Pink Taffy Glimmer Mist. I layered the flowers on top of a Doohickey Swirl cut out of Kraft, and also punched some Frond leaves with my Martha Stewart punch.
I finished the inside of the card with the same layout design as the front of the card.
I hope you will pop on over to Basic Grey Challenges and join us this week in our color challenge. I cannot wait to see what you create!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Totally Gorjuss - Flower Power

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! This is really stunning Becca!! I adore your colors and design!! Thanks for sharing!! Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Becca,fab layout & pretty flowers
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I am loving the beautiful colors, thanks for sharing!
    hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Becca - I love how you use colours and put them together. Fabulous details and absolutely adorable Tilda.
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Becca - this is such a beauty! Fab take on the colours and your layout and embellies are awesome!!! Hugs, Juliexxx

    ReplyDelete