Monday, May 30, 2011

Purple Butterfly Haze

Here is a card I have been working on, and I just love how it came out. I made this as my sample card for a class I am teaching. Hope the girls love it as much as I do. I have been working with some new coloring techniques, and really like how this one came out.
I used K&Company Jubilee papers for this card. I love the vibrant turquoise and purple, so pretty. I teamed these pretty papers up with Tilda with hawaiian Flower. Isn't she just a doll? I cut her out with layered nesties - Large Oval and Labels 10, which I added some brown pearls to.
I colored her with copics:
Skin - E21, E00, E000, E0000, R20, R30
Hair - E27, E23, E50
Dress, Shoes, and Flower - RV95, RV93, RV91, 0, W3, W5
Socks - C3, C1, C0
Butterflies - BG75, BG72, BG70, Y15, Y13, Y00

I used the Doohickey Tilda's lace die to add a border to the purple panel. I added Doohickey Heart Fence and Doily flowers to the card for added embellishment. I then added a white 25mm rose which I sprayed with Pashmina Glimmer Mist. The butterfly was punched using my Martha Stewart Monarch punch and some of the design paper.
I finished off the inside of the card with the same layout as the front. Simple with lots of room for a personal note!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
7 Kids College Fund - Sketch
ABC Challenge - V is for Violet
The Ribbon Girl - Pinks and Lilacs
Allsorts - things with wings

20 comments:

  1. Wooowww your card is awesome!!!! Your coloring is soooo beautifull!!!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous becca love the colours those papers are delish your colouring on her dress is beautiful your class will love it
    hugs sara x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I just love the rich colors and use of the dies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card Becca, I love those papers and all your pretty embellishments. Tilda is coloured to perfection as always.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love all your cards! Everything about this one is gorgeous! I wish I could take that class your teaching!! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card. I love the depth of color. Great papers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous card, Becca. Love this Tilda—one of my faves now. Beautifully coloured—wonderful new technique then. Love the combo of those rich colours. Fabby design. Love it.

    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becca, this really is beautiful, gorgeous papers
    Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Becca. I love all the elements and the layout is very nice. Your coloring is lovely.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow super adorable card!!!! Love the colors excellent job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just GORGEOUS! And I loooove that teal ribbon...teal is my new favorite color!!!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love everything about it! Your coloring is just stunning!! Hugs. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous and adorable card. Love the dark color DP which looks so cool :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card! The fence adds just the right touch. The coloring is great/it compliments the papers perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Becca,
    Too cute! Love the fence! Such a sweet card with so many wonderful layers!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Becca, WOWZER! gorgeous colors! and tilda is sooooo pretty. Love your layout, and cute buterfly!
    Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Becca. This card is just fabulous! I love all the wonderful embellishments, and your coloring is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is so precious! I just love it! :^)

    ReplyDelete