Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oldie But A Goodie GDT- Teddy Bears' Picnic

I am May's Guest Designer for Oldie But A Goodie, and I am loving inking up some older stamps in my stash this month. This week the theme is Teddy Bears' Picnic, so anything with teddy bears is a go. This challenge was a bit hard for me, as I do not have a lot of teddy bear stamps in my collection. As I was going through things, I found this older Lili of the Valley image, Deckchair Dreaming, and thought he was just perfect for this theme.
I do not create masculine cards very often, but I love it when I get the opportunity. I used Graphic 45, A Proper Gentleman, paper collection for this card, and I LOVE the vintage tie patterns. This paper is just gorgeous, and I thought it matched up perfectly with this little image and perfect for a Father's Day card.
I colored up this chillin' cutie with copics:
Bear - E25, E33, E31, E50, R20
Birdie - Y00, Y11, Y13
Chair - R29, R27, R24, E55, E53, E57
Grass - G20, G24, YG03, YG63, G40
Newspaper - E40, E41
Lemonade Glass - B000, Y00, R24
I added somd graphic 45 black ribbon to try to keep the card looking very masculine. The sentiment, "Chill Out", is from a Greeting Farm set I have, My Guy Ian. I thought it was the perfect sentiment for this card. Makes me want to grab a glass and a chair and go out and join him in his snooze-fest. LOL
I hope you will ink up some of those older Teddy Bear stamps and come out and join us at Oldie But A Goodie for the Teddy Bear Picnic this week. I look forward to seeing your creations!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Allsorts - Teddy Bears Picnic
paperplay - anything goes
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Hi Becca, masculine but still very cute; love this card you made. Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca - congrats on GDT at AOBG & welcome.
    Fabulous card - great masculine feel.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    {{Debs}}xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow- what fantastic colors, unique detailing, wonderful coloring and fabulous ideas. GORGEOUS WORK !!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this adorable Becca.. i love the cute little image and the gorgeous appers
    Great to have you on the team at OBG
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete