Friday, May 13, 2011

Joyful wishes

This card won Top 3 at Creative Inspirations!!!

This is the second post for today, as I have been in cardmaking mode the last few days. I am loving the creative process right now, and have been trying new copic color combos, hair color combos, etc. I am LOVING it!!!
For this card I used K&Company Julienne paper pack. I am obsessed with these papers, soooo pretty. I did however chose a combo of colors that I do not usually work with, dark green and light pink. I love how it came out, but it is definitely out of my comfort zone! I paired the papers up with some Magnolia images, Tilda in Butterfly Dress and Stone pathway. I love these two images together, so gorgeous! Actually, the entire Butterfly Dreams collection is absolutely stunning, LOVE all the stamps in this collection. I also used the sentiment circles from Lili of the Valley, Dreamy Days set, which I cut out with my scalloped circles Nesties.
I colored my image with copics
Skin - E000, E00, R32
Hair - E18, E39, E99, YR23 (new hair color combo for me, what do you think?)
Dress and Socks - R32, R30, R0000
Shoes - E44, E43, E42, E41, E40
Basket - E18, E15, E13
Flowers - G20, G24, BV0000, BV00, Y15
Pathway - W5, W3, W1, W00, G20, G24, YG63, YG03
I added Heather Flower Soft to the pathway flowers for some added color and texture.
I was completely inspired by the sketch this week at Sketch and Stash, it makes for such a gorgeous card layout. I added some lace behind the corner panels, along with some light pink silk ribbon. Then, of course, lots of Wild Orchid Crafts flowers. I used 20mm coral roses, green cherry blossoms, and cream aster daisies. I used my Martha Stewart Fond punch to punch out the leaves from Kraft cardstock. Pearls were added to the corners for the final finishing touch!
I finished off the inside of my card with more of the green and pink cardstock. Isnt it just gorgeous? I also used some light pink silk ribbon to finish it off.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Sketch and Stash - Sketch 61
Creative Inspirations - Decorate the inside of your card
All Sorts Challenge - Stamp A Lot (use at least three stamps)
Just Magnolia - Make it Lacey

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is gorgeous hun ...such a great take on our sketch

    Thanks for joining us at S N S this week ...good luck!

    xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your link took me to a survey so I typed in your blog address and found this gorgeous card! I love Tilda on the stone path, you colored her so beautifully and I agree the paper is gorgeous, everything I make is based on the DP. I am a paper addict. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, I love the design, your colouring is amazing, a beautiful creation. Fantastic papers and embellies too.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Becca. I love those colors. Lovely choice of flower colors too. I love that you used flowersoft on the stamped flowers. Lovely coloring.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Becca! Your flowers look wonderful and your colouring is so beautiful :)

    Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under for the So Krafty Challenge.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Becca! Your coloring is fabulous, so rich and vibrant and your layout is gorgeous! Your corner treatments are really beautiful! Wow, simply over the top gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Love the peachy dress. Seems to be my new fav color for clothes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Becca! I love the DPs and the color scheme and your coloring is gorgeous!
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful. Your coloring is fabulous. Wonderful job on everything about your card.
    Huggeroonies,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweetie!
    Whether or not in your comfort zone, your card sare always gorgeous and magnificently constructed! Love this color combo and those Julianne papers are also among my favorite. Great idea to add Flowersoft, makes it more special. Great coloring too!
    Hugs and have a great week-end,
    Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how wonderful!! Gorgeous colours and papers and fabulous colouring! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash this time around, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an adorable card hun! Thanks for joining in with our challenge of decorating the inside of your cards over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete