Monday, July 25, 2011

LaLa Land Challenge - Center Step card

This week at LaLa Land Crafts, we were challenged to create a center step card. This is the first one I have made, and it was actually pretty simple to create, and makes such an amazing and interesting card! I love it.
I was thrilled to work with one of the new images just released at CHA, Princess Marci. I just LOVE her, isnt she amazing???!!!
I used Kraft as my base for the card and added some Pink Paislee paper to the center panel of the card, however only a small part of it shows behind the image, but still gives a finished look to the center panel.
I colored Marci with copics.
Skin - E21, E00, E000, E0000, R21, R30, R02
Hair - E27, E23, E53, E51
Top of dress - C1, C00, R02, R0000, Y15
Skirt - R02, R01, R00, R0000
I added pink silk ribbons and bows to the side panels, and think this adds such a feminine and pretty touch to the card. The flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts pink 25mm rose and chocolate brown 15mm roses. I also tucked a Prima Leaf sprayed with Olive Vine Glimmer Mist behind the arrangement. The sentiment, Princess, was printed out on my computer and mounted on Chocolate cardstock.
I hope you will go over to LaLa Crafts Blog and see the other Center Step card my temaies have made for you, they are all pretty amazing!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Copic Creations - pastel Colors
Anything Goes - More Than One Fold
Stamp Something - Something embellished
Allsorts - Free and Easy

6 comments:

  1. She is just gorgeous Becca. Her hair is colored beautifully. I love everything about your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Good for you trying a new fold. I haven't used this fold yet myself (don't know why because I do like it). Your coloring is wonderful, especially the hair. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely Becca, your colouring is gorgeous. Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww how adorable! the image is so sweet and coloured so beautifully

    thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week, good luck in the prize draw

    hugs

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! such stunning colouring too!!

    Thanks for playing in our free and easy challenge at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Becca! Your Princess Marci is absolutely adorable!!! Lovin' the way you colored this image for her place on this pretty center step card! So glad to see your entry at Copic Creations. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete