Saturday, January 22, 2011

My heart is yours

Here is my first Valentine's card of the year. I have used a new paper stack from K&company, and I love the vibrant colors of it. I used lots of roses from Iamroses.com for this card. I used 1.5' roses that I painted with Sherbert Glimmer Mist, red cherry blossoms, yellow mini roses, and mini leaves that I painted with Key Lime Pie Glimmer mist.
I used Tilda wants a hug for this card. She is one of my favorite stamps, she is so versatile, and can be used for so many occasions. Since this is a Christmas stamp, she usually has holly in her hair. I covered up the holly leaves with two hearts that I cut out of cardstock and covered with Glitz stickles. I love how you can alter the image to get the look you want for any occasion.
I colored this cutie with copics
Skin - E000, E00, R20
Hair - Y11, Y20, E35
Dress and Socks - R00, R81, R83, R85, W1, W3, W5

I masked Tilda and stamped my Tim Holtz French Script stamp in the background with Antique Linen Distress ink, then I edged the inner circle with Victorian Velvet Distress ink to match the patterned paper. The image was cut out with my Lacey Circles Nestie.
I cut the scalloped heart out with my cricut and red cardstock. The I covered it with a HUGE dose of Diamond Dust. IRL, it is UBER sparkly and pretty. This pic does not do the sparkle justice.
The calendar stamp is a Whimsey, and it is the first time I have used it. It is a great stamp, and I love how it adds to the layout. I stamped it one white cardstock with Antique Linen Distress Ink, so it is subtle, and matches the paper perfectly.
I added gems to the corners of the card, and the sides of the calendar stamp to finish off the embellies on this card.
I finished off the inside of the card simply. I added some more of the patterned paper, and a white silk ribbon. I used my Lacey Circles Nestie die to cut the center for a sentiment and personal note.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Just Magnolia - Sketch
All That Scraps - Queen of Hearts
ATS Wednesdays Challenge - Early Valentines
7 Kids College Fund - Challenge yourself (masking, coloring techniques, Diamond Dust)
Simon Says - Bingo (Ribbon, Glitter, Gems)
Bunny zoes - Love is in the air
Cute Card Thursday - recipe (1 image, 2 patterned papers, 3 gems in each corner)

19 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is adorable! beautifully colored every detail is perfect together!!:)))
    Gorgeous!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh oh oh this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I LOVE it...all those pretty papers and flowers and Tilda is beautiful!
    Fantastic!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous inside and out! Beautifully colored and those flowers are just drop dead gorgeous! Love the bright papers - so needed at this time of year!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty inside and out!
    Sandy Dehon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Becca your Tilda sure is cute. I love how you colored her. And the embellishments are beautiful. Hugs, Fran
    http:\\scallopsandswirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh, this is so adorable!! Love the colors and the embellies are perfect. Great idea too on changing her hollies to hearts. You should add this to the cropstop.blogspot.com challenge too. Hugs, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable sweet card, love Tilda and fab flowers you've used.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty card. Your coloring is great. One question, how do you mail a card lik this and what does it cost?
    Have a GREAT DAY!!!
    Bob L.
    www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Valentine card ! Great colors and coloring. I love the flower bouquet too.
    hugs, iulia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the coloring on Tilda, mixing different colors together. She matches your DP and flowers so perfectly. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becca, what an adorable card! Love it! Love that image too, as she is so versatile, just by covering up the holly in her hair! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a beautiful card. I love your flower bunches and how you colored them. Your card design and coloring is fantastic!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog. I hope to see more of your lovely work again soon.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just beautiful dear. I so love what you have done with my sketch. Thanks for joining us at JM

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a beautiful card Becca, your colouring is fabulous and I love the colours you chose...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia & hAnglar challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness Becca, this is an adorable card.. love your layout and all the accessories.. the coloring is so perfect a adore the inside.
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card look so romantic & sweet Becca. Cute and precious project! Thanks for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful card & I love your coloring of this sweet little image. Terrific papers & a few embellishments make this into a wonderful creation.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card Becca - Tilda is definitely queen of hearts in her flower garden! Charming! So glad you linked up to the ATS Magnolia Challenge! Thanks for playing!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete