Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Midnight Maddness DT- MMSC87

Its a new challenge at Midnight Madness!!

This weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between.

"YOUR CHOICE"


Enter one style or both this week.

Just have fun and come play with us :)

*Our MMSC weekly Bonus sponsor is.....


http://priscillastyles-store.blogspot.com/

(redeemable for any images in the "dabbling with digis" line)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Our January Monthly sponsor is....

http://www.lindystampgang.com/

Click HERE to see the Fantastic Prizes.


Here is my take on this weeks sketch for Midnight Madness. This week our sponsor is Pricilla Styles, and we were lucky enough to get to use some of her gorgeous images in our creations. I got the opportunity to use this gorgeous butterfly image. Isnt it just to die for??!!! I LOVE it.
This weeks sketch was so much fun, although I am not a fan of the triangle shaped matting, it is so hard for me to cut, I struggle with it, dont know why. I am a perfectionist, so that is probably why it is hard for me, I cant get the angles exactly right, so I struggle with getting it perfect!! LOL
Ok, so for my card, I used the Mariposa paper collection from DCWV, which was just perfect with this butterfly image. I cut the background for the butterfly with my lacy circles Nestability die. The black lace, was white, and I glimmer misted it with Black Gold Glimmer mist to make it black, I then added the pink silk ribbon and bow for finishing touches. I created the sentiment on my computer, and also punched out a butterfly with my MS Monarch punch. The black mini roses are two-toned mini roses from iamroses.com
I colored my image with copic markers
R000, R20, RV02, RV00 Then I added a touch of Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical Mica powder and some stickles to the top of the coloring to give it some sparkle and shine. IRL, it is totally sparkly!!!!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Paper Sundaes - birthday Blog Hop pick your fave past challenge - Challenge #38(Something from your stash)


12 comments:

  1. This is stunning...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca! Wow what a beautiful take on the sketch challenge! Love your coloring and design. You have shown off those wonderful butterflies beautifully.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, your butterfly card is stunning and although you don't like the triangle matting you worked it to a T! It looks incredible. All the sparkle on the butterfly is so pretty and your dp and embellishments finish of this creation just perfectly! Absolutely gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful color combo. This butterfly is gorgeous! The peach with the dark contrast color is so pretty. Lovely card!
    ReneƩ
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant - I love how the butterflies goes throught your desing - and your coloring of Priscillas butterfly is over the top - I love it. LindaS/PSDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just beautiful. The coloring and design are wonderful! Marcy PSDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becca, this is just stunning! I love butterflies and your coloring is gorgeous, the Mariposa DP is just perfect too!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,Becca! I'm now your followere ! Great blog and cards! Hugs,Yone

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becca, your butterfly is so pretty..and your ribbon is a perfect match..WOW!! LOVE THAT! I am so glad you are on the MMDT and ecstatic that you make such wonderful cards. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being on this team and using my image this week.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a elegant and beautiful card! I just love this butterfly; and your coloring is amazing :-)
    You girls on the team are so talented; its an honor to work with you.
    Have a great weekend :-)
    Hugs Guro

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Becca! Love the pink and you have colored the butterfly so beautifully! It is just fantastic how you have been able to capture the sparkle in your photo. Ibet this card looks amazing real life!

    Mvh
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! Love the butterfly and the color combo too!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete