Monday, January 17, 2011

Midsummer Birthday Wishes

This card made Top 3 at Totally Papercrafts!!!

Here is a new card I just finished. I used so many new items, I was just so excited to break them out!!! I used a new stamp, Midsummer Tilda, and just love her, she is just adorable!!!!
I followed the sketch at Simon Says Stamp for this week, and I absolutely LOVE how it came out. I used my new Basic Grey Curio paper pad. I think I am obsessed with this paper, the designs are so beautiful, I just love it!!!
the pink silk bow is one that I altered. It was white, and I died it with my new Starburst stain dabber from Lindy's Stamp Gang. I LOVE how it came out!
I also used my newer Tilda lace doohickey die to add an edge to the thiner layer, and I LOVE that thing, it is my new fave.
Here is the artsy view of my card. I added a flower arrangement to the top corner. I just got some new roses from iamroses.com, and I painted the large ones with Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist, the medium ones are from my friend Mindy, which I was fortunate enough to win her blog candy, and the tiny ones are ones I found in my stash. I love the arrangement of colors just match perfectly with the colors of the card!
I colored this cutie with copics.
Skin - E000, E00, R20
Hair - E51, E25, E57, E29
Dress - R000, R0000, R00, R01, R02, W1, W3
I also finished off the inside of the card with more of the designer paper and a couple of roses. I love how this just gives the card that finished look, and makes it ready to give away!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says - Sketch
Copic Creations - What's New
Just Magnolia - My Fave Things (paper, Maggie stamps, copics, flowers)
Paper Sundaes - birthday Blog Hop (I picked challenge #32, sketch)
Totally Papercrafts - Happy Birthday
Stamp Something - Anything Goes
Prairie Fairy Fridays - Happy Birthday




25 comments:

  1. Very cute. I love your soft coloring. Its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beca, sooo pretty this card! Love the soft peach and the BG paper is my favourite! HUgs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one gorgoues card ,super detail bless you for playing at creative inspirations,this week,love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Job on your card, love the colors you've chosen and the layout is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and love the color scheme on this creation. Looks so elegant :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is absolutely beautiful. I just love the colours and that designer paper is just GORGEOUS! hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. I love the darkness of the browns with the contrast of pink. Really beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa...I'm not a huge Tilda fan but you did a fabulous job on this card! Your coloring is fantastic and all the altered embellies...well, it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous! The dp's are gorgeous and all your embellishments are stunning!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning! Such beautiful colors....so velvety and rich! And I love your butterfly card for the new sketch too!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really soft, sweet and adorable card. Midsummer Tilda is colored to perfection....
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful and I love the richness of the colors! I liked your butterfly too - pretty cards.
    Sandy Dehon

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Tilda card ...the colors are wonderful too! (Sorry for the deletion above...I'm having blogger probs.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWWWWWWW Becca this is one awesome creation, the papers, design flowers and Tilda it looks amazing and very beautiful.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, love all those flowers. Thanks for entering the challenge at creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Becca - absolutely stunning as are all your cards :o) flowers are TDF and I get the sense you are a little bit excited LOL!! thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday
    Lynne xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's gorgeous Becca--I love the soft colors and elegant touches! Fabulous--see you soon!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card :-) the image is adorable and the papers and colours are perfect :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp, Totally Papercrafts and Stamp Something Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card! I especially love the papers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is adorable Becca, love the colour combo and your design. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week with your lovely work.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is stunning darling I love the colours 1st class
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful card and awesome image of Tilda. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card is striking, I love Just Magnolia and the colors you have used are fantastic. Thanks for joining us at FFF, we look forward to seeing your future creations.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely gorgeous! Fabulous colour combination and I love the embellishments! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete