Friday, July 1, 2011

LaLa Land Challenge - Circle Card

This week at LaLa Land Crafts, our challenge is to create a circle card. These are quickly becoming my favorite kind of card to make, I love them!!! They are easy, and just a little bit different, so they add to the excitement of a new creation.
I cut my circle shape out with my cricut and made it into an easel card. I used my Doohickey Tilda Lace die to cut the border pieces, then just cut into smaller pieces to fit around the circle, works perfect. The pattern paper I used is from K&Company HUGE stack, and I love colors and patterns in this humungous paper stack. I paired this up with Darling Marci. Isnt she such a doll??? I just love her.
I added lots of Wild Orchid Flowers to my card. I used hot pink 25mm roses, a blue cherry blossom, and yellow 15mm roses. I also punched some leaves from my Martha Stewart Fond punch.
I colored marci with copics.
Skin - E21, E00, E000, E0000, R20, R30
Hair - E99, E97, Y21, Y11
Dress and Shoes - R87, R85, R81, RV10, BG10, BG11
I also stamped on the bottom portion of the card using a Crafty Secrets stamp, Girl Friend. I set off the sentiment panel with two more yellow 15mm roses. I hope you will go over to LaLa Land Crafts and check out what the DT has made for this challenge.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Charisma Cardz - Ice Cream colors (mint, Vanilla, Strawberry)
Stampin for the Weekend - My Favorite Things (die cuts, cute images, flowers)

3 comments: