Saturday, July 9, 2011

Basic Grey Challenges Design Team - Doilies and Ribbons

This Card won Top 3 at Charisma Cardz!!

This week at Basic Grey Challenges we are challenging you to use doilies and ribbons on your creation. Pretty simple right?!!!

I had some scraps from Basic Grey's June Bug collection (My ALL-TIME FAVE Basic Grey paper). I was NOT going to throw any of it away, as now I am out of it all, and cant find it anywhere. (SAD, SAD Day!!!). Anyway, I wanted to make a bright and cheery card using the scraps I found in my stash, and here it is! I paired my papers up with this adorable Greeting Farm image, Creeper Piper. I also used my Tim Holtz Splatter stamp around the edges of the image and stamped in Friend Brick. I think they fit together perfectly! The sentiment is also The Greeting Farm, from the My Guy Ian stamp set. I stamped it then used my Doohickey Vintage Tag die yo cut it out. I tucked it behind the image on top of the doily to make it stand out.
I used my distressing tool on all the edges, and also distressed all my edges with Fried Brick and Walnut Stain Distress inks. I distressed the white paper doily with Vintage Photo to make it look old and match the papers a bit more.
I colored Piper with copics and Prismascolor Pencils.
Skin - E21, E00, E000, E0000, R20
Hair - E25, E31, E50
Hat, Shoes, and Shirt - R29, R27, R24, R22, W5
Skirt and Scarf - B97, B95, B91
Of course, I added Wild Orchid Crafts flowers. I used cream aster daisies, red sweetheart blossoms, white 25mm roses which I painted with Scarlet Glimmer Mist, a dark blue 25mm roses, and a white Prima leaf which I sprayed with Olive Vine Glimmer mist. I also punched a butterfly from the design paper using the Martha Stewart Monarch punch.
I hope you will break out some of your Basic Grey papers and join us for our Doilies and Ribbons challenge.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
7 Kids College Fund - Red, White, and Blue
iCopic Weekly - Red, White, and Blue
papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Charisma Cards - All About Flowers
Creative Inspirations - Red, White, and Blue
The Shabby Tea Room - Photo Inspiration

14 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW, your colouring is just perfect!
    Janne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the bright colours, such a sweet image, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colouring Becca, amazing.Love your papers, rotten luck not being able to find more, is that not the way it goes...
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Your card is just fantastic and your coloring is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card -- I know how frustrating it is when you LOVE something that is no longer available! Have you looked at Ebay? I see a few auctions/buy it nows......

    http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=basic+grey+june+bug+6x6&_sacat=0&_odkw=basic+grey+june+bug&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you'll have to copy & paste, it didn't post as a link. Or just go to Ebay & search "Basic Grey June Bug 6x6" Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Becca. Just love the image you have used and the fantastic BG papers you have used to go with it.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card hun, thanks for playing at charisma this week hugs carlyann xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous - so bright and sunny. Love your colouring! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Creative Inspirations.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a colourful and fun card :-)

    Thanks for sharing this with us over at Papertake for our anything goes challenge this week.

    xx Happy crafting xx

    Sazzle

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow absolutely beautiful creation Becca, the papers, design, colours, flowers and image look wonderful thank you for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning card Becca, I love how you use colours and papers (I've probably said that before - I'll probably say it again LOL!!) Fabulous colouring of the cute image and your details are awesome!!
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coloured beautifully Becca. Thanks for sharing at Papertake this week. Hugs Tracy GDT

    ReplyDelete