Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Gift for my Bro and his wife


Here is a little Christmas Gift I made for my brother and his wife. I wanted to make them something special this year, as they just got married and moved into a new home this year. 2010 was a big year for them and our family, and I wanted a special gift that they could hang in their new home. So, here is what I came up with.
I found these frames at Walmart for $3.00!!! So super cheap, and I bought a bunch of them. I am going to be making a ton of these, it was easy, and it turned out SUPER cute, I think. I cut out their name using my Storybook cartridge and my cricut. I added the white dots with my white gel pen for added interest and to draw attention to the letters.
I added some roses from prima, iamroses.com, and Recollections. I painted the large roses with Creme de Cocoa Glimmer mist. The smaller blue ones are white that I painted with Patina and Denim Glimmer mist. I then used my hot glue gun to adhere them to the corner of the frame. I LOVE the look of them, so pretty and sparkly!!!
I used some of my Greeting Farm images for accent images. I used Stella for the girl. Isnt she just so adorable?!!!
My bro is a fireman, so I also had to use the fireman Ian. I just think he is so stinkin cute.
I hope that they like this gift. I LOVED making it, so simple, but turned out GREAT! I am definitely making these for all my family member this Christmas!!!!

I am entering this project into the following challenges:
Fussy and Fancy - Anything but a card
Creative Inspirations - Christmas Gifts
Oh alice - the Flowers are talking


4 comments:

  1. Thats just gorgeous, I know they'll love it. Thanks for entering the challenge at creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect gift for sure!! Way to think outside the box! Love the colors and flowers are perfect. Thanks for showing us your Christmas gift creation at Creative Inspirations this week !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What a great gift! Thanks for sharing...keep those good ideas heading my way!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really great! Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete