Monday, September 5, 2011

LaLa Land Challenge - Anything but a card.


This week at La La Land Crafts, we were challenges to create something other than a card. These challenges are always so much fun, as it forces me to think outside the box and create something new. This week I decided to create a tag. This tag is something near and dear to my heart, I created a tag for 9/11.
My brother is a fireman, and this image, Fireman Luka, is one of my faves. I wanted to make something special in remembrance of the tenth anniversary of September 11, so this little tag was perfect. I cannot believe it has been 10 years already, but we will never forget how we felt that day our country was attacked. Luckily, I feel like we have become a stronger nation. My heart goes out to the families who lost a loved one, and especially to the families of the brave firemen, as that is so close to my heart. We will never forget you all!!!
I colored this cutie with copics.
Skin - E21, E00, E000, R02
Hair - E27, E23, E21
Hat - R29, R27, R24, R22
Overalls - Y15, Y13, Y02
I sprayed the tag with Red Velvet and Denim Glimmer Mist, then used one of my Tim Holtz flame stamps to stamp the background images. I also distressed the edges with Chipped Sapphire Distress ink. The stars are grungeboard which I painted with white dabber paint and added Rock Candy crackle paint to the top. I printed the sentiment from my computer, and then distressed it with Chipped Sapphire Distress ink.
I hope you will pop over to LaLa Land Crafts and see the other amazing projects my teamies came up with, I am sure you will be inspired.
I am entering this project into the following challenges:
PIle it on - B is for... Boy
Charisma - Anything Goes
Addicted to stamps - Anything but a card
Stamptacular Sunday - The Sky's the Limit


8 comments:

  1. Wonderful tag. It really is hard to believe that terrible ordeal took place 10 years ago.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Its a fabby tag and so sentimental for you.

    9/11 means something to me too,not only is it my birthday but i have relatives in USA.


    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you ROCKED this tag - it's lovely and meaningful and i absolutely love the techniques you used on the paper. your colouring? fantastic! thanks so much for joining the Charisma Galz this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS fireman tag! Love his freckles! Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,

    great work. It's lovely that you join us at ATSC. Hope you are fine.

    Hugs, Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card - and true, we will NEVER forget! Great job!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
    Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag,such a cute image!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC,hope to see you again!
    Dodici
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful tag!
    Thanks for joining us at ATSC!
    Greets Deborah

    ReplyDelete