Saturday, May 14, 2011

Basic Grey Challenges Guest Design Team - Mix and Match

This is my last week as a Guest Designer for Basic Grey Challenges. I have had such a blast pulling out my Basic Grey papers and working with them, I am super sad to see the term end, :( But, I will make sure to enter their challenges, just for the excuse of using my Basic Grey papers, they are so gorgeous!!!! So, the challenge for this week is to Mix and Match. This could be mixing paper collections, mixing papers and buttons, gems, etc. I chose to mix paper collections on my card. I used some Offbeat, some June Bug, and some Ambrosia papers all together. I love how the colors combined to make this card. So much fun.
I paired up my papers with two Magnolia Stamps, Tilda in the garden and Butterfly Background. These images go together so well, I just love how it came out. I used a couple of Magnolia Doohickey dies on this card also. I used the Heart Fence to make a small border accent for my image, which I distressed with Vintage Photo and added some Gold Pearl Pen to the top. I also used my Vintage Tag die to cut out the sentiment spot, then stamped Happy Birthday from the Magnolia So Special collection. I also distressed this tag with Vintage Photo and added a Marigold Silk Ribbon to the top. I used my Martha Stewart Monarch Punch to punch out the butterflies with June Bug paper to add to the card, which were finished off with the Gold Pearl Pen in the center.
I colored my image with copics and cut her out with Nesties:
Skin - E000, E00, E11, R32
Hair - E25, E31, E50
Jumper - YR24, YR23, YR20. YR000
Socks - C00, C1
Shoes - E25, E31, E50
Flowers - YR18, YR12, Y15
Grass - G20, G24, YG63, G82
Sky - B000, B91
Sun - Y15, Y13, Y11
Butterfly - E25, BG72, BG70
Of course, I added some Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers to my card. I used Green and Orange 25mm Roses, Orange two-toned Cherry Blossoms, Marigold 15mm Roses, and Yellow 4mm roses. I just placed an order for some of the Wild Orchid newer flowers, and I cannot wait til they get here! I am so excited to starting incorporating them into my cards! YIPPPPEEE
I finished off the inside of the card simply with more of the June Bug paper and a sentiment spot I cut out with my Nesties. Very simple!
Thank you so much to the Basic Grey Challenge Team for having me as your Guest Designer for the past two challenges. I have had so much fun working with you and pulling out my Basic Grey papers.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Fancy a Punch
Copic Creations - Coloring Sky
Stamping Scraping - Happy Birthday
Creative Card Crew - May Flowers
Creative Inspirations - Decorate the inside of the card
Everybody Art - Flowers
Top Tip Tuesday - flower frenzy
Stamp Something - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. The colours are glorious Becca...simply beautiful.Tilda looks beautiful amongst them in her lovely scene.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow And Wow!!! This is so beautiful!!! You are very talented!!!! Excellent work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow Becca, this is so bright and beautiful. Love the papers and the bold flowers. I can't wait to get my stone path scene....although I paid nearly $20 with shipping for it...yikes, this scene is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! gorgeous, I really love this card. Your coloring and the background with the layout and DP just make this card perfect. I love looking at it because there are so many pretty elements going on in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and full of pretty details :-)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  6. An absolutly stunning card Becca, love all the gorgeous colours
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for Joining us on the Tip Top Tuesday challenge with such a colourful and happy card, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty...love the paper combinations and the scenery you created...it all goes together perfectly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becca, your card is fantabulous!!! Your mix of colours and papers is stunning and Tilda looks so beautiful in her 'garden'.
    hugs
    Heather xx

    Oooh - thanks for joining us at Copic Creations also!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh all those wonderful colors! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Becca - your card is stunning!! The colours are so vibrant and the scene you've created is fab!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete