Saturday, March 26, 2011

DCD Christmas Club - DT -Tilda with flowers

Our theme this week over Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club is to use a Tilda and some flowers on your card. So, this weeks challenge was a breeze for me, as those are two of my all time FAVE things!!!! So, here is my card for this week.
WOOOWWW I had such a blast making this card for this week. I pulled out all my fave things. I used Webster's pages, Waiting for Santa paper. I distressed all the edges with my Tim Holtz distress tool, and folded back some of the edges for even more distress. I just love the colors and designs of this paper pad. So, gorgeous!!!! For my Tilda, I chose Unwrapped Tilda. She is one of my faves. Oh lets be real, they are ALL my faves!! LOL
I colored up this cutie with copics:
Skin - E000, E00, R20, E11
Hair - E35, E31, Y23, E51
Clothes - R39, R29, R27, R24, R22, E42, W3, W5
Package - G20, G21, G24, E42, E43, E41, E40, R24, R27, R29
I used my Tim Holtz heart splatter stamp around the image background using Aged Mahogany distress ink.
I used another one of my fave things, seam binding, as the ribbon. I dyed it with Red Velvet Glimmer Mist and crinkled it while it was wet and still drying, that gave it the distressed and worn look. LOVE it! The flowers are all Wild Orchid Crafts, white 25mm roses which I sprayed with R39 and my copic airbrush and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist, two-toned brown cherry blossoms, and white 15mm roses which I sprayed with Wheatfields Glimmer Mist.
I hope you will break out those Christmas Tilda's and flowers this week and get a head start on those 2011 Christmas Cards. Come on and join us at Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Girlie
Simon Says - Girlie
PaperPlay - Distressing

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Becca.Real Christmas colours, rich and beautiful.Stunning colouring.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, so pretty this Christmas card. I will have to get back to making Christmas cards, love the warm colours you used!! HUgs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that is pretty, Becca. Makes me wish it was Christmas!!! Lovely warm winter colours, cute cute image and gorgeous distressing.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing card, so warm and rich, it really is a delight of a Christmas card!! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!!

    ReplyDelete