Monday, February 14, 2011

Mirror Mirror

This card made Top 3 at Make it Colorful!!!!

I LOVE Lili of the Valley stamps!!! I just got my first batch of them a few weeks ago, and I am totally in love with them. I had to ink this baby up, and create something with her, she is just too cute!!!! (sorry the pics look really dark, but these colors are actually GORGEOUS in real life)
I chose to try my hand at these new twisted easel cards, and they are super simple, and fun to make. I LOVE how it turned out. I used some Webster's pages papers, which is the perfect pairing for this cutie image.
Here is the just the front panel of the card. I followed the sketch over at Lili of the Valley Challenge blog, and just absolutely LOVE the way it turned out.
I got to use my new copic airbrush for the first time too, which was so much fun! I did not have flowers to match the colors of this card, so I used my airbrush and BG72 and E50 to color some white roses that I had in order to match the colors of the card. I then gave them a spritz of Diamond Dust Glimmer Mist for that added sparkle. I absolutely LOVE this new little tool, and will be using it a lot more in the future.
I colored this cutie up with copics
Skin - E00, E000, R20
Hair - E35, E31, E53, Y23, Y11
Dress - BG75, BG72, BG10, W5
Tights - BG10, BG000, E02
Shoes - E40, E42, E41
Mirror - E25, E27, E51, E53, W00, W1, B0000 (I also added some Stardust Stickles to accent the mirror glass)
Shadow - E50, W00, W1, W3
I used my Pearl Pen in cream to add to her pearls, I think it makes them look real, and they pop off the page!
For the inside panel, I used my Magnolia Doohickey Vintage Tag tag as the base for my sentiment. This is one of my FAVE sentiments from The Greeting Farm.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Make it Colorful - Shadow and Depth
Delightful Sketches - Get Punchy
Copic Creations - We're cool

10 comments:

  1. This is simply beautiful Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning.. Your choice of colors, paper, the layout, the flowers, everything is perfectly placed. Thanks so much for joining us at the Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog

    NY Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. love these colors! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca this is just wonderful, I love everything about it, the colours, the flowers, the stamp, it's really very special indeed - you are one talented card maker.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is utterly adorable!, such a cute image :-).
    Great depth and shadow.
    Thanks for joining us this week on MIC.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning, a gorgeous card.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Becca. Adore the colours and the papers.
    thank you for joining with us at LOTV this week.
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's absolutely #1 gorgeous! Your shading & attentiveness to detail is keen. A great way to start Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. A top 3 win totally deserved,Gorgeous card.Wonderful colouring.
    Luv CHRISSYxx { new Follower }

    ReplyDelete