Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Midnight Maddness DT- MMSC88

This weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.

"YOUR CHOICE"

Enter one style or both this week.

Just have fun and come play with us :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Our MMSC88 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....

http://www.thebearyscrap.com

The Beary Scrap is an online scrapbooking boutique carrying a little bit of everything for all types of paper crafters at 20% off retail pricing every day! Our stock includes gorgeous papers and embellishments by top manufacturers like Graphic 45, Bo Bunny, My Mind's Eye, and Echo Park. We carry gorgeous German Glass Glitter, Copic markers and Magnolia stamps as well as custom made mulberry papers and unique tear bear patterns. You are sure to find something "beary sweet" for your next project. Come visit our design team blog for loads of fun inspiration and twice-monthly challenges!


Thank you so much Susan for your fabulous prize!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Our January Monthly sponsor is....

http://www.lindystampgang.com/

Click HERE to see the Fantastic Prizes.

Here is my card for this week's sketch. I used the Heart tree from Priscilla Styles and Tilda with Lady Bug. I love the cute scene that these two images make together. I used Webster's Pages Nature collection paper, as the colors matched perfectly and gave fantastic soft colors to the card.
I changed up the sketch a little, as the oval shape just did not work with my images. SO, I cut the Tree out with my Lacey Circle Nestie die, and wove a silk ribbon through it. The ribbon was cream in color, and I used my Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Stain to dab the coral color onto the ribbon to match my card colors. I LOVE how perfectly it matches! I also used roses instead of hearts along the right side of my card, as the sketch suggested. Again, my Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst stain came in handy. I painted white roses with the coral color again to match. Then I added some other pink roses and cherry blossoms to finish off the flower arrangement.
I colored my images with copics
Tree - E25, E51, E29, E57, G20, G21, G24, R83, R81, R000, R01, R02, RV11, RV14, R24
Ground and Grass - G20, G21, G24, E33, E31, E35
Tilda with Lady Bug
Skin - E000, E00, R20
Hair - E51, E25, E57, E29
Dress - E40, E41, E42, E43, R000, R01, R02
Boots - R000, R01, R02
I hope you will join us at Midnight Madness for this weeks sketch challenge, it is such a fun one!!!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:


11 comments:

  1. The combo of digi and rubber works so well! Love it!
    Love
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I like how you've created a scene with the cute little girl in front of Priscilla's adorable tree. All of your roses are perfect for a Valentine.
    Renee MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tree, and your Tilda is adorable too! Great job as usual Becca...you are one talented crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how adorable! Your heart tree is just gorgeous and as well as your Tilda. The colors you used and all the roses look fabulous!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becca!
    Love how you combined these two images! All the flowers are superpretty.

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable - I especially love the diff shades of red on the hearts and the ribbon around it. LindaS/PSDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!!!..another fantastic card from you. Thank you so much for all you do. If you have not done so yet..be sure to check out the Group Heart Hop happening over on CDAC...lots of really nice goodies at the end.. don't miss out :)
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Becca, this is absolutely gorgeous! All those flowers are stunning with that adorable sweet Tilda and her ladybug! You've done such a fabulous job with the threading of the ribbon, it really makes for some terrific dimension! Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Becca!!! Love what you have done with the three, and Tilda really looks gorgeous.
    I love your colors too; amazing. Great job with the flowers :-)
    Have a great week.
    Hugs Guro

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Becca Beautiful card. I love the ribbon threaded through the nestie and all those flowers are Fabulous! Wonderful inspiration.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Becca - this is gorgeous! I love the combo of the Tree of Hearts and that goregeous Tilda - your colours are perfection! Totally gorgeous!! I am late commenting again but glad I made it! Your details are always wonderful and I love coming to visit!! Thank you for inspiring me each week! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete