Monday, November 14, 2011

I am roses Altered Cigar box

I have a project that I created last month that I have not shared on my blog yet. I wanted to showcase all the amazing I am Roses flowers that I used, as they are just my faves, and oh so gorgeous. This project is an altered cigar box that I created for a swap that I was in. I loved creating this, and adore the way that it came out.
I used graphic 45, renaissance Faire, papers for this box, I love the color scheme of this paper collection, and it matched perfectly for the fall theme I was trying to create. I distressed all the edges of the papers with my Distrezz-it-all, and Vintage Photo distress ink.
First, I painted the box with black acrylic paint. I added lots of Tim Holtz bobbles to the front lid, as I love the vintage feel of them. The dream lettering is some foam letters from my stash, I stamped them with a French Script stamp, then sprayed them with red Velvet Glimmer Mist and distressed them with Vintage Photo distress ink.
I also decorated the inside with more of the design paper. I also added some brown lace and a ribbon with a vintage garment pin and a token charm to the inside lid.
I used lots of I am Roses flowers on the outside of the box. I used the 3" white roses R78-15 (which I painted with red Velvet Glimmer Mist), 1.5" white roses R21-1 (which I painted with Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist), and Classic Color Cherry Blossoms S3-310.
Thank you for stopping by today to see my creation. Stop by I am Roses to see all the wonderful paper flowers they have to choose from, they will blow your mind!

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! :) I love the colors and the roses are beautiful. I've never thought of making an altered cigar box before - I actually have one I could use! Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration! :)

    Come check out my blog's new weekly challenges!

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete