Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Scarecrow Tilda

SUPER exciting news!!!! A few weeks ago, Simon Says Stamp was having a open call for submissions for anyone to submit a Fall themed magnolia card they had made for a chance to be placed into the Magnolia Ink magazine on Simon Says Stamp Ad. Well, it was just announced yesterday that one of my cards was chosen!!! OMG, I am totally and completely FLOORED and excited. I cannot wait to see my card in the magazine!!! I am going to officially be PUBLISHED, YIPPPEEE. Thank you so much Simon Says Stamp for featuring my card in your ad, I am so excited!!!
In order to celebrate, I decided to have a little play. It has been a while since I have made a card just for fun, and not for one of my design teams. So, last night I sat down and created a card just for fun using Scarecrow Tilda and making a sideways easel card. At first, I was not really a huge fan of this stamp, but now that I have inked her up and colored her, I totally adore her! Isnt she a doll?
I used my Prima jack and Jill paper stack for this card. I love the soft muted tones of this paper, and they went perfectly with this stamp, as a wanted a vintage shabby look. I did some faux stitching around all the paper panels, and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress inks.
I added some white lace to the center of the card, as well as some seam binding. The seam binding started as white, and I sprayed it with Denim Glimmer mist, then distressed it with Vintage Photo distress ink and crumpled it while it was still wet. I love the distressed look of it. I tied it in a double bow using my Bow Easy, then added a clear button to the center of the bow.
All of the flowers on my card are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I used a Trellis Rose in brown, 25mm light blue roses, and cream colored aster daisies. I also added some punched Frond branches to the arrangement. I used self-adhesive pearls in the corners of the card for a final finishing touch.
I colored my image with copics
Skin - E21, E00, E000, R21, R30
Hair - E27, E23
Hat and Hay- E35, E33, E31
Dress and gloves - B02, B00, B0000, B21
Bees - Y15 and Diamond Stickles
I also stamped one of my Tim Holtz branch tree stamps around the edge of the image panel using Vintage Photo.
I finished off the bottom/inside of the card using more of the Jack and Jill papers and seam binding. I also added some Magnolia dies cuts to my card. I used the Doohickey Swirl and Vintage Tag. The sentiment is also Magnolia, from the Sweet rainbow collection.
I hope you have enjoyed my card today, Thank you so much for stopping by.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
TOMIC - Stitching (real or faux)
Paperplay - Lace, Ribbon, and buttons

27 comments:

  1. Congratulations..you must be over the moon. Wonderful 'just for fun card'.. I love days like that too.Fabulous image and colouring...love the papers and all the details..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooo! Love your card! Love this image...great job! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats girl on being published!! So well-deserved!! I adore your beautiful card. The details are amazing. I love how you stamped a border around the image. The entire thing is gorgeous. Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Becca - an honor well deserved! Wonderful image and coloring and all the colors on this card are gorgeous! Wonderful touch of lace.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosg Becca I knew it would be just a matter of time before we would see your name and creations in lights! Congrats girl, so well deserved...I love every detail on your gorgeous card, your coloring is as beautiful as ever!

    Hugs,
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh, it is just perfect, Becca. I love the color scheme. Your coloration of the scarecrow is perfect. You know, I never noticed the little bug just above the eyes and under the hat! Your card is just beautifiul!

    XO,
    Chris Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being published thats great news!
    Your card is just delightful!
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww what a cutie becca I wasnt sure about this stamp either but the more I see the more I want !!!! Fab news about the mag I'm really pleased for you look forward to seeing it soon
    Hugs Sara x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Becca, Congratulations on you upcoming publication. You so deserve it sweetie. It's always a pleasure to visit you blog as I know I'm always going to see something stunning.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations !!! And what a beautifull card !!

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Becca! How awesome! And love this image, and your card....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on being published brilliant!
    Your card is absolutely gorgeous!
    Beautiful colours and wonderful details!
    So happy that you could join us at TOMIC!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations no wonder you are so excited!!!!! Loving the scarecrow it loks amazing and such wonderful colours. Chanelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Becca, this is wonderful news, very well deserved! Congratulations!!! This card is gorgeous!! The coloring looks fantastic and the layout is perfect, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to you ! Beautiful card
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another GORGEOUS card! And CONGRATS!!!!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card! Congrats!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, wow! What wonderful news! Congratulations and here you are with another stunning card. Love the shabby chic feel to it, beautifully colored and a twisted Easel card to boot! You're batting 1000!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's funny how you didn't initially care for this stamp-it's one of my favorites! You certainly did it proud lol. I love the muted colors that you used. Very shabby chic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card, love all the detail and the colors Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on being published awesome!
    Your card is stunning.
    TSM for playing along.
    xoxo
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Your card is beautiful. Great image and lovely colours!
    Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at WOC this time – hope to see you back at our next challenge!
    Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow what a Gorgeous card!!!! The design and colors are fabulous!!!!! Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. CONGRATS Sweetie...I can't think of a more deserving person than you. I have been wanting this stamp...more so now...IT"S GORGEOUS...

    HUGs
    rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am not surprised you have been published Becca, your work is stunning as is this card - phenominal detail! Thanks for joining us at WOC this week x

    ReplyDelete