Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lilac and Peach Tilda

Well, when I saw the challenge over at Magnolia Down Under, which is color combo of Lilac and Peach, I thought to myself, "now that is DEFINITELY a challenge". I was inspired by the DT work, so I decided to give it a try. Here is what I came up with.
I used Prima Sweet Fairy papers. As I was searching for through my paper stash, I realized that this is the ONLY paper collection I have that has both purple and peach. Good thing I love these papers huh, as they were my only choice! LOL. I paired them up with one of the cutie Tilda stamps from the Butterfly Dreams Collection, Tilda with Straw hat. She is so adorable.
I colored Tilda with copics
Skin - E21, E00, E000, E0000, R20, R30
Hair - E27, E23, E53, E50
Dress - V15, V12, V00, V000
Hat and Shoes - E43, E42, E41, E40, V12, V00
Flower - G82, G24, YR02, YR00 YR01, YR000
I used some white Vintage Seam Binding and died it with Oriental Poppy and Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist as i did not have a peach colored ribbon . I do love how it turned out. It looks MUCH more orange in the pic than in real life. In person, it is really pretty and matches the papers pretty well. I added some Wild orchid flowers. I used cream and lilac 25mm roses, and peach 15mm roses. I also added some pearl strands that I had in my stash.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Magnolia Down Under - Purple, Peach, and Cream
Sketch and Stash - Sketch (stash - pearls, papers, flowers)

8 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful! Love the combinatino of soft colors with the bright peach of the ribbon!

    Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week!

    Hugs,
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca, this is just gorgeous!! Love the colour combo and you're sooo good at colouring with the Copics, I'm amazed every time at the effects you create. I'm still in an early learning stage, so I keep looking and looking at how you do it. Thanks for the inspiration! By the way, I have some nice candy on my blog, I'd love it if you would join in on the fun. Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colours. Thanks for playing along with us this week at MDUC
    love Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card with gorgeous embellishments! Thanks for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so precious Becca!! Love the soft colors and design!! Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card. Fab use of our sketch too. Thanks for playing at Sns this time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card love the colours and flowers thanks for joining us at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and beautifully coloured!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash this time around, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete