Sunday, May 15, 2011

When I Grow Up...

I know Mother's day just passed here in the US, but My mom is such a special person in my life, and I wanted to make a special card for a special lady. We have an annual tradition of going on a spa day together, and we are going next week, so I thought I wold surprise her with this card when we go.
I love this image from Lili of the Valley, New Hat, and thought it made a great card for my mom. She has taught me everything I know about being a good person, good friend, good mom, good wife, etc. So, I wanted to give her something special to let her know how amazing she is.
I used Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden paper pack. If you do not own this paper, RUN out and get it, it is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the soft colors and the vintage feel of it, just beautiful. I printed the sentiment, "When I Grow Up" using my computer and printed it on Kraft Cardstock.
I colored my image with copics
Skin - E000, E00, R20
Dress - R02, R01, R000, R0000 (I used my Cream Viva Decor Pearl Pen for the pearl necklace to make it look more realistic)
Shoes and Hat - E43, E42, E41, E40, R02, R01, R0000 (I added stickles to the flower on the hat)
Mirror - B0000, E35, E33, E31 (I added Crystal Stickles to the glass to make it shimmer)
Purse - B91, B0000, Y28
Shadows - W5, W3, W1, W00, B0000
I stamped around the image panel with my Tim Holtz Swirl stamp and Frayed Burlap Distress ink.
I added a Doohickey Tilda's Lace border strip and a double bow was tied with Vintage Seam Binding in coral from Wild Orchid Crafts. I put a gold vintage button in the center of the double bow. I also added lots of flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. I used a white Gardenia which I sprayed with Creme de Cocoa Glimmer mist, white 25mm roses which I sprayed with Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist, two toned pink 15mm roses, and 4mm yellow roses. I also added lots of self adhesive pearls around the corners of the panels.
I finished off the inside of the card with more of the design paper and seam binding. I added a panel for a special note to my mom, which I also stamped with the sam swirl stamp and Frayed Burlap. The inside sentiment, "I want to be like you" was printed on Kraft cardstock from my computer as well.
I hope you enjoyed my card today, I had so much fun making it for my mom. I hope she loves it.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts - Mums are Special sketch
Lili of the Valley - Ribbons and Bows
Crop Stop - In the Shadows

13 comments:

  1. That is really a fabulous card Becca!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww becca such a beautiful card with beautiful thoughts behind it ,must be wonderful to have such a great relationship with your mum ,im completely with you on the butterfly garden papers how delish are they !!!
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card you made for your mother! Beautful details and papers!
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoohhh this is such a beautifull card!!!! And your dt card for ATSC is also very gorgeous!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card it is gorgrous
    geat coloring and dp's.
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and coloring! Love the image too. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at the little lady what a sweety...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the card and know your mom is going to too! Enjoy your spa day together...you're going to have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Becca, I love this!!! What a gorgeous image you have used, I will note it on my wish list :-D
    Gorgeous coloring and details as always!
    Hugs Guro

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just another sweet card, nice shading too! Thanks for joining the CropStop challenge again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe this card is absolutely gorgeous Becca,love your colouring, papers,fabulous image,Sooo cute and your ribbons and bows are perfection!
    Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable image...great shading! Thanks for playing the CropStop Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous coloring & amazing card! Thanks for joining in our CropStop challenge! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete