Saturday, April 16, 2011

DCD Christmas Club DT - Black and White with a Sketch

This week at DCD we have an amazing sketch made by our teamie, Karen. It was so much fun to work with. We also have a color challenge of Black and White to go along with the sketch. I LOVED making this card this week, it was so much to do. I love the color combo, Black and White. I chose to go with more of a cream than a white, but still, the same outcome.
I used some old k&Company papers I had in my stash from the BIG paper stack. I love the simplicity of the designs on them. It is so easy to work with and embellish. Plus, it works for a Christmas Card too! I added a paper doily, and sprayed it with Wheatfields Glimmer Mist to make it more of a cream color to match the papers. Then I added a strip of vintage lace and threaded a thin black satin ribbon through it. Then used my Bow Easy (LOVE that thing) to tie a double bow! For the sentiment, I used my Doohickey Vintage Tag die and stamped out "Happy Holidays".
I used Angel Tilda from the 2010 Merry Christmas collection. I just love her, she is just adorable. I colored her with copics.
Skin - E000, E00, E11, R32
Hair - E25, E31, E50
Dress - C1, C00, Atyou Spica silver glitter pen
Wings and Halo - Y15, Y13, Y11, Y00 I also added lots of yellow stickles to the wings and halo for added sparkle.
I added some Wild Orchid Flowers to the bottom corner. I used cream Gardenias, 15mm white roses (which I sprayed with Black Gold Glimmer mist to make them black to match the papers), and 4mm rose buds. The final finishing touch was to add some black rhinestones to the panel corners.
I finished off the inside of the card really simply with more of the design paper and some black rhinestones.
I hope you will join us at Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club for our sketch + Black and White challenge this week. I cant wait to see what you all create.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
The Shabby Tea Room - Doilies and Lace

6 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to stop by and thank you for entering my blog candies...
    Good Luck!!

    HOLY COW GIRL this card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!!!! This card is FANTASTIC! I'm amazed! I've truly fallen in love with this totally gorgeous card! Fabulous! Love the black an white, and the lace is so pretty!
    There are so many wonderful details to look at, I don't know where to look first! I'm in awe!

    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beauty, so very pretty, love the little image and the wings stand out beautifully, love it!
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunner! That lace is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute Tilda! So glad you could join us in the Tea Room for our Doilies and Lace challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is just beautiful. I love the black and white. Gorgeous work!

    Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts 'Wings' Challenge.

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete