Saturday, April 30, 2011

Basic Grey Challenges Guest Design Team

I was so thrilled and honored when Jo asked me to be a Guest Designer for the Basic Grey Challenge blog. I LOVE that challenge blog and my Basic grey papers, so of course I said, "YES". This week's theme is "Be Charming", so to add a charm to your project. Easy Peasy!!!!!
I used some papers from my Basic Grey Offbeat Paper Stack for this card. I love the rich browns and mint greens in this paper, so beautiful! I decided to offset those rich colors with white cardstock matting to make it POP!!! I paired these yummy papers with one of my newest fave images, Tilda with Butterfly Dress. I LOVE this little darling, she is just adorable!
For my charm, I wanted to hang it from the center of the bow, but I added too many flowers, and it got lost in the bunch, so I had to figure out something else. SO, instead, I decided to hang it from the sentiment! I used a Tim Holtz Adage Ticket (distressed with my distress tool and Walnut Stain) as my sentiment and hung my Heart Key charm from the ticket using a Tim Holtz Mini Safety Pin. I also added some pearls to the corners and a mini paper clip. So stinkin cute! I added lots of little touches to this card, and just love how it came out.
I colored up this cutie with copics:
Skin - E000, E00, E11, R32
Hair - E25, E31, E50
Dress and socks - BG75, BG72, BG70, BG11, BG10, BG000
Shoes - E25, E31, E33, E50
Basket and Flowers - E25, E57, E50, E33, E31, G24, G20, RV00, RV02
I added lots of new flowers to this card that I purchased at my LSS and Wild Orchid Crafts. Form Wild Orchid Crafts, I used a white Gardenia that I sprayed with Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist, mint green 25mm roses, a light blue cherry blossom, some brown 15mm roses, and white 4mm rose buds. Then I added some beaded branches that I picked up at my LSS, aren't they amazing! I totally LOVE them, so different and unique.
I finished off the inside of the card with more of the design paper and a Doohickey Lace Border. The mint satin ribbon is the perfect touch to finish off the inside.
I LOVED making this card, and I thank Basic Grey Challenges so much for inviting me to be their guest designer for the next two challenges. I am honored and thrilled to be working with them!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts - White plus 2 with a twist - (white, brown, and mint green) plus roses.
All That Scraps - magnolia "May" moments
Simon Says - Anything Goes

24 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you agreed to join us as GD at Basic Grey Becca!!
    Your card is stunning, fabulous colours, beautifully colour sweet Tilda and all your details are just absolutely gorgeous!!
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Becca, love this colour combo and your flowers are gorgeous. I think it worked out just perfect where your charm ended up, love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Becca! How wonderful for you! BG is very luck to have you as their GD!

    I love your card! I love the colors. And, yes, that stamp is just too adorable! Your design is fantastic and your coloration is flawless!

    XO,
    Chris Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous card Becca, I love this color combo! Your coloring is wonderful as usual and the flowers are gorgeous as well!

    Hugs,
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca, you've done another absolutely beautiful card. As always, you are an inspiration. Your coloring is perfect. Your color choices are fabulous. You've pulled it all together with perfection!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love those colors, and your coloring and layout is perfect! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becca, another beautiful card! The colors you chose are so perfect with all of your embellishments... Tilda is sooo darn cute, too! Wonderful work you do!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors on Tilda, they are very pretty and soft. Your card is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Becca...love it on the outside and inside too!
    Hugs from Indiana,
    Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Becca!
    that's one beautiful card. I love those colors together. Fabulous.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  11. So well deserved girl because your work is amazing as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You coloring is fabulous, beautiful card! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! As always, your coloring is amazing!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Becca...love this color combination and your coloring is gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's gorgeous! Love those Basic Grey papers!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card, Becca! Love these colors and these papers look awesome! Great coloring too!
    Hugs and have a happy Sunday!
    Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card hun, so very pretty, gorgeous colours & I love your colouring it's always perfect, I expect you get bored of me saying it lol.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhhh....how beautiful!!!! Your Tilda is colored magnificently and your details are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous project, the flower arrangement is so nice done, lovr the coloring, bye Mascha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. I love the brown and aqua together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card, Becca - love the colours, your beautiful colouring and your gorgeous embellishments!! So lovely to have you as a guest DT and to see your stunning makes!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats Becca, you widely deserve to be in this GD DT, your atwork is so beautiful and your Tilda is so charming too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, absolutely stunning card Becca. I just adore the BG papers you used and must have a look through my stack to find my pad and use it ! Tilda is very pretty too and such a fantastic colour combo.

    Thank you so much for agreeing to be our Guest DT at BasicGrey Challenges. Such an honour to have you on board with us.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  24. pretty Becca! Congrats on the DT position! So glad you linked up to the ATS Magnolia Challenge! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete