Monday, March 7, 2011

Swan Lake

I adore this Lili of the Valley stamp, Little Ballerina. Isnt she just the cutest thing ever??!!! I love her for so many different occasions, just adorable.
I followed the sketch over at Lili of the Valley for the layout of this card. I used my new Prima Melody paper pack. I am totally LOVING prima's new paper collections. I picked up four of them, and just cant seem to get enough of them. The papers are all so pretty!!!
I added a white doily behind the semi-circle papers for some added contrast. Love the white behind all the pink, really makes it all stand out.
I colored this doll with copics:
Skin - E000, E00, R20
Hair - Y11, E31, YR20
Shirt - W1, W00
Skirt - R85, R83, R81, RV10
Ballet Slippers - W5, W3, W1, W00
I used a watercolor technique on the background, which I LOVE. She seems to just pop right off the page.
I cut this cutie out with my Labels 10 nestabilities die.
I added lots of flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. Pink 25mm roses and 15mm mini roses in two toned pink. I added branches in pink cardstock punched with my Martha Stewart punch. My Martha Stewart Monarch punch was also used for the butterflies. I then added diamond stickles to all the flowers, butterflies, and the branches for some sparkle. White pearls were the final touch!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Lili of the Valley - sketch
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes and something old (old punches, old doily, old ribbon used)
Wild Orchid Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says - recipe
Prairie Fairy Fridays - Inspired by a Song (Ballerina Girl)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sweet card, love the adorable image.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Becca ... as are all your cards!!! just love everything about it - so much detail :) thanks for sharing it with us at Fairy Fun Friday this time :) Hugs
    Lynne xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just gorgeous - the colours are so pretty and I love that image :) Thank you for joining us over at the LOTV challenge. Hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual Becca your card is gorgeous! I love the soft colors and the watercolor background....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card and a great take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete