Thursday, March 17, 2011

Small Birthday gift

This card won at Creative Inspirations!!!

One of my best friends had her birthday yesterday, and we are celebrating tomorrow with a "Girls Night Out". I'm a little worried, as last time we had a girl's night, it ended with toilet papering and running through the park in high heels! LOL. Oh, I am so lucky, as my friends are SO much fun, but too much wine (and a night without hubbies and kiddos), and we do get a bit crazy! LOL. We will see what kind of trouble we can get ourselves into tomorrow. hehehe
Anyway, I needed a card, so I wanted to create something special for her. Her fave colors are brown and pink, so here it is. Hope you like it, Darcy. Happy Birthday, my friend!!!!
I decided to make a twisted easel card. I LOVE these cards. They are so interesting, yet, so easy to make. Gotta LOVE it.
I used Prima Melody papers, and love the browns and pinks in this collection. The designs are so pretty. I teamed this paper up with Tilda with Small Gift from the Your So Special Collection. She is just precious, isnt she?!!!
Here is the front panel of the card. I used my cricut to cut the circle mats. Then I scrunched some lace behind the circle for added interest. I love the look of the white lace against the brown paper. I used two of my Doohickey Dies, tilda lace for the borders, and vintage tag for the sentiment. Gotta love those little dies, they are my favorite things right now!
The flowers are all Wild Orchid Crafts. I used white 25mm roses (which I sprayed with my Lindy's Stamp Gang Ramblin Rose Pink Starburst Stain spray), lime green cherry blossoms, 15mm light pink roses.
I colored up Tilda with copics.
Skin - E000, E00, E11, R20, R32
Hair - E25, E31, E53, E50
Dress & Socks - R85, R83, R81, RV10, W1, W3
Shoes - E44, E43, E41, E40
Background - B0000, W5, W3, W1, W00

I cut Tilda out using my Lacey Circles Nestie die.
The inside panel was finished off simply. I used more of the design paper, a pink ribbon, and some more flowers. I used the vintage tag as my sentiment, and stamped my Happy Birthday Magnolia stamp. I also used the Star Border around the edges in Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to match the card colors.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
7 Kids College Fund - Pink and Flowers
Papertake Weekly - Trio Tastic (Three patterned papers, Three Magnolia Stamps, Three different types of flowers)
Simon Says - Happy Birthday
Wild Orchid Crafts - Dieing to punch it out
Charisma Cards - To "Die" For
Creatalicious - two toned
Creative Inspirations - Easel Cards
Magnolia Down Under - 2s (2 ribbons, 2 colors - pink and brown, 2 types of flowers - roses and cherry blossoms, 2 panels and 2 folds(easel card)

28 comments:

  1. Hey Becca - I really love the colors you have used and the design work is out of this world beautiful! Wonderful card dear heart!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL job Becca, I love your coloring and the twisted easel card is so cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card as usual Becca! You used my fave color combo...your coloring is gorgeous girlie! I hope one day I'm half as good as you! LOL Have a wonderful time tomorrow night, try not to get yourself in too much trouble! LOL

    I hope you have a good class tomorrow...Oh how I wish I could be there!

    Big hugs,
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca, what a pretty card! Your friend will love this! That paper is gorgeous - I love the pink and brown combo too, one of my favorites! Beautiful job with your coloring! Love her! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card!!!!! Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, your friend is sure to love this little treasure!!!! This is a stunning card with fabulous details...colored to perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet card! Your friend is going to treasure this one!

    Wendy - daffygal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Becca!! A masterpiece. I love the brown, green, and pink color scheme. Everything just goes perfectly together. Very cool!

    Hugs,

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love the stars and the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous...your cards are always amazing and extrodinarilly (sp?) embellished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How PRETTY!!!! This is just amazing!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. so gorgeous and I love your twisted easel
    Thankyou so much for playing along with us at MDUC this week
    Love Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, I just love the papers you have used, your layout and gorgeous Tilda.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely twist easel Becca! Tilda is so pretty in pink! TFS!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a darling card! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this is gorgeous!! Sounds like you girls definitely have a great time. I bet your friend loves this card. It's amazing! Hugs, Rosie :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So gorgeous!!! What a great card for your friend. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous easel card, Becca, from the inside and out! Love your coloring!
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi,
    thats a really stunning card.
    Thanks for joining in the SimonSaysChallenge.
    Hugs
    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Becca, the colors you used are fab. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, Becca! I'm sure your friend will love it. I love the deep richness of the colours! Hugs, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow. Your card is sooo sweet and your coloring is fantasic!!! Lovley details and I love the colorcombo. I come here from bloghopping and your projects are wonderful. You have one follower more, now.

    Hugs Nadell

    ReplyDelete
  23. Becca, I love the color on your card and especially the stars around Tilda, what a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I´m back again *ggg* I forgot to thank you for joining us at Creatalicious.
    Hugs Nadell

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is just gorgoues hun adore that image,and gorgeous colurs on this too,thanks for playing at creative inspirations,this week,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awe, this is so adorable, I love it, thanks for joining in our challenge,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm just a little behind in my e-mails to the group *blush*, Becca. Your card is exquisite. I love the richness you captured. The browns are beautiful with the deep pinks.

    XO,
    Chris Christensen

    ReplyDelete