Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy, Happy!!!

This card won Top 3 at Charisma Cards!!

Wow, the weekends always seem to go by so quickly, I ant believe it is Sunday night already. This weekend flew by, as I taught a Magnolia Card class on Saturday, worked Friday in San Diego doing wedding makeup, and my hubby had his first basketball tournament for the girls middle school team he coaches. SO, we were super busy, and I had VERY LITTLE craft time.
I did, however, have a few spare moments to finish up this super cute LOTV card I have been working on. Watcha think???
I followed the sketch over at LOTV challenge blog, and I just LOVE how this card turned out. I used some of the cute K&Company papers from the Sweet Nectar collection. I just love the bright colors, so cheerful and ready for spring! I used my Magnolia Tilda Lace Doohickey die to cut all of the lace trim borders, and added some to the outside corners of the card. I love this look, and is something a little different.
I used this cutie Lili of the Valley image, Rosie with Cake. I colored her with copics
Skin - E000, E00, E11, R20
Hair - E43, E44, E41, E40
Shirt - R81, E83, R22, R20
Skirt and headband - R29, R27, R24, R22, R20
Shoes - E44, E43, E41, E40
Cake - C00, C1, C3, R22, R20, YG03, Y15, YR13
I cut Rosie out with my Lacey Circles Nestie die, and added VivaDecor Pearl pen around the edges. LOVE the way this looks.
I used lots of Wild Orchid flowers. White 25mm roses that I painted with Scarlet Glimmer Mist, pink and lime green cherry blossoms, pink two toned 15mm roses. I added lots of prima pearl swirls to the arrangements also. Pearls were added to the corners of the card as well, as I think it looks finished off that way.
The inside of the card was finished off simply with more of the design paper. I also used my Magnolia Vintage Tag Doohickey die to punch out the tag and stamped the sentiment, "Happy Birthday". I really enjoyed making this card. The colors are bright and cheerful on a rainy day!!!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Bunny Zoe's - Happy Birthday with lots of Pearls
Simon Says - Happy Birthday
Wild Orchid Crafts - Dieing to Punch it Out
Shabby Tea Room - Party time
Charisma Cards - To Die For
Stamp Something - Something Sweet
Prairie Fairy Fridays - Its my Party

7 comments:

  1. What a cutie patootie image and card! Thanks for sharing it with us in the Tea Room for our birthday bash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the colours you have used too.
    Hugs Bron:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! So pretty, and look at all those details! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable image and all the lace is a nice touch! Another great card!

    Bummer....we're going to the San Diego zoo on our trip! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card
    Thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca this is such a fabulous and gorgeous birthday card! Beautiful hun! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becca, Fabulous card and such a lovely combo. Love that LOTV image and the colouring is fab. Great papers and detail.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete