Monday, March 14, 2011

Going Green


OOOO, Saint Patty's day is coming up this week, so I wanted to make something green. I chose to use this sweet Will You Be My Valentine Tilda for this card. I am totally obsessed with the Your So Special collection of Magnolia stamps, they are all so adorable and can be used for so many different occasions!
I used some of my new Prima papers, Botanicals. the colors are just GORGEOUS of this paper pad, and I totally love them. They are super soft and shabby, and just perfect for the feel of this card. I used a bunch of Wild Orchid flowers 25mm white (Which I sprayed with Olive Vine Glimmer Mist), green cherry blossoms, and 15mm cream roses. I added some Prima leaves which I also sprayed with Olive Vine Glimmer Mist.
I colored Tilda with Copics.
Skin - E000, E00, R20
Hair - E25, E31, E53, E50
Dress and Socks - YG91, YG95, YG99, R02
Shoes - E35, E31, E50
Flowers - R02, R00, R01, R0000, Y15, Y00, R81
Background - W5, W1, W3, W00, BG00, BG10
I used Crushed Olive to stamp the Star Border around the circle then further distressed with Crushed Olive and Vintage Photo.
I added a paper doily that I inked with Crushed Olive and Vintage Photo to the background as the back circle. I used my Olive Vine Glimmer mist to turn the white silk ribbon into the green one shown here, and layered some vintage white lace underneath that. The charm is a Tim Holtz word charm, which I hung with a mini safety pin from the ribbon. I cut the lace border with my Magnolia Tilda Lace Doohickey Die, and the tag out with my Magnolia Vintage Tag Doohickey Die. I stamped the sentiment "Make a Wish" from a Greeting Farm set that I have. The finishing touch was some white pearls that were added to the corners of the patterned paper.
I finished off the inside of the card with more of the patterned paper and another vintage tag and more dyed ribbon. The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is a Magnolia Stamp. I finished off the inside with another prima flower and some pearls. Easy Peasy!!!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Just Magnolia - Bev's sketch
Magnolia Down Under - 2 of anything (2 image stamps Tilda and Star Border, 2 patterned papers, 2 types of flowers Roses and Cherry Blossoms, 2 metal pieces paperclip & metal charm, 2 ribbon/lace, 2 sentiments, 2 tags, 2 dies Tilda Lace &Vintage Tag, 2 circles)
Magnolia-licious - Use Green
Simon Says - Anything goes
Wild Orchid - Dieing to punch
Bunny Zoes - Happy Birthday with lots of pearls
Cute Card Thursday - Happy Birthday
Stamp Something - Cream and Green

30 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely! You are right, the paper is gorgeous, too! I love the depth of the colors. Great job coloring your flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turely beautiful Becca! Your layout and coloring are awesome!
    Judy K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Becca, this is fabulous! I think I say that about all your cards, but really they are spectacular! I love the color scheme and the flowers are awesome. Hugs, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Tilda nice work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Becca!Great choice of green and stamp! Love it all!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Becca! I love how you always repurpose your stamps and DP's for multiple occasions!

    Hugs,
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, just gorgeous, Becca! I love that little Tilda, she's just so sweet! Great choices with your paper and flowers and embellies!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! The colors are gorgeous! Great job. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is awesome Becca!!!!

    justme,
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Becca,
    WOW I am blown over by the work on your card!
    All the wonderful special touches; great work with the glimmer mist. Fab papers, lace and flowers.
    Love the way you have used the stars around the circle and distressed them. Tilda is coloured beautifully.
    Many thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a beautiful card.
    Hugs Renate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Tilda card with pretty trim on this one. Love those flower arrangement on this layout. Thank you so much for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge and hope to see you again for the next ones :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card Becca.
    I love those colors.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifull card Becca.
    LOvely colours :)).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is absolutely gorgeous Becca. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. I love all the elements. The flower spray is great! Love the Tag inside!! Supercute all around! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!
    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOOOOOVE green and I loooove this! (When I really love something I lose the ability to spell! HA!). This is amazing!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. very pretty love the colors and all the flowers !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing card Becca! I love the colour-combo,
    and your colouring is fantastic!:)
    Thank you for joining MDUC this special week for us.
    Big hugs, Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  20. A real stunning card, I admit I love the botanical papers too and of course tildas.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my word!! This is so so stunning!! WOWZER!! You've done such a brilliant job!! I totally love the green and cream colors here!! Thanks so much for joining with us at Stamp Something!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yep - the paper is absolutely gorgeous - I love the colors. I am gonna make a wish that I can make a card this pretty!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is ohhh so sweet and you did a great job with the sketch :) Thank you for joining us over at the Just Magnolia and hAnglar challenge. Hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just gorgeous Becca! I love way you've arranged your beautiful flowers and the colouring is wonderful :)

    Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under to help celebrate our 2nd Birthday :)

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning card, Becca!!!! Love all the fabulous details and your Tilda is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful card, great take on the challenge
    thanks for helping us celebrate 2 years
    Denise
    MDUC

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Becca...this card is beyond gorgeous!! I just got these design papers...they're perfect! Your coloring is scrumptious...and your design and embellies beautifully showcase this little cutie! Thanks so much for joining us for this momth's color challenge at Magnolia licious Challenge Blog! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  28. Simply gorgeous. Love the colors you've used & your coloring is just fabulous. And oh so beautifully embellished !!!
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am of course drooling Becca! Gorgeous inside and out. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious and hope to see you play with us again soon. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete