Friday, March 11, 2011

Easter wishes


Spring is upon us, and I LOVE everything about spring (minus the occasional rain shower. LOL). I decided to create an easel card to showcase all the things I love about spring (flowers, bright colors, sunshine, love, Easter, ect.).
I Love the way this card turned out! I used some of my new Prima papers, Sweet Fairy. The colors are just to die for, so bright and cheery. I used TONS of Magnolia things on this card, and Tilda with Many Hearts is such a versatile image, I wanted to use her to show how many things I love about spring! She can be found at Magnolia-licious, but it looks like she is out of stock at the moment.
Here is the front panel of the easel card. I used so many different embellishments, I just couldn't stop!!! LOL. I used some of my seam binding, in yellow (LOVE this stuff), for the yellow bow in the top corner, and more on the inside panel. The pink pearls/lace is a GORGEOUS lace I found at Michael's made by Recollections. It was the perfect belly band for this card. The color matched just perfectly to the papers, and I love how it looks. So pretty. The flowers are all Wild Orchid Crafts. Yellow and Pink 25mm roses, Yellow and pink Cherry Blossoms. The leaves I punched out with my Martha Stewart frond punch. I also used a Martha Stewart Monarch punch for the butterflies. Gotta have butterflies on a spring theme card!!! Light pink rhinestones were added to all the corners and really, anywhere they would fit!!! LOL
I cut out the image panel with my Labels 10 Nesties. I colored up Tilda with copics
Skin - E11, E00, E000, R20
Hair - E25, E31, E50
Dress and Boots - Y15, Y13, Y11, Y00 (Diamond stickles were added to the lace of her dress for added shimmer)
Hearts - R83, R81 (I added my clear Atyou Spica pen on the hearts for some shimmer)
The bottom panel was done using more of the patterned paper and embellishments from the front panel. I also used some of my Magnolia dies for added embellishment, they can be found at Magnolia-licious. I added Tilda Lace Doohickey Die for the border, and the Vintage Tag Die for my sentiment. The sentiment stamp is from a Hero Arts stamp set I have in my stash.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Magnolia-licious - Spring Contest
Anything Goes - die cuts
Cupcake crafts - pink Polka dots
Delightful Sketches - Butterflies
Papertake Weekly - Lemon Zingy
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Pixie Cottage - Easter
Wild Orchid - Anything Goes
Charisma Cards - Easel Cards

14 comments:

  1. A lovely card Becca,
    i love how you have done the lace with the pearls on top. Your coloring is lovely. super colors and layout.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful card! Love the line of pearls..the stamp..and the colors! Thanks for playing CCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab image love the lemon and pink colours together thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty card
    Thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one gorgoues card,love the image with beautiful detail on this too bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,love cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet card, the polka dots look fab and your added detail is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Cupcake Craft Challenge :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Easter card!
    Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becca, what a gorgeous easel card. I love the image and papers you've used. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should be pleased with how your card turned out - it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely easel card, and a great image, thanks for joining us at Charisma.
    Sally. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card- the yellows are just lovely!
    Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's realy beautiful, and so rich of lovely detaials...
    thanks for sharing at the pixie cottage
    hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors, a fab Easter Card for sure. Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  14. a really beautiful card love the colours thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

    ReplyDelete