Friday, March 11, 2011

Birthday Dreams

This card made Top 5 at Paper Sundaes!!
This card made Top 3 at Lili of the Valley!!
This card made Top 3 at ABC DT Challenge!!

I am always in need of great birthday cards, so I thought I would use this adorable Lili of the Valley image, Birthday Fairy, and make a cute birthday card. Isnt it adorable??!!!
I wanted to keep the colors pretty bold, so I used some of my Basic Grey Jovial paper. I know that this is actually Christmas paper, but I loved the colors and wanted to use them for another occasion. Its always great when you can repurpose things in your stash.
I colored up with cutie with copics.
Skin - E00, E000, R20
Hair - E25, E31, E50
Shirt and Socks- W000
Skirt and Shoes - R29, R27, R24, R22
Wings - W00, R24, R22 (I added Diamond Stickles to the edge of her wings for some added sparkle)
Bear - E35, E31, E50
Present - W3, W5, W1, R29, R27, R24
Here is the arsty view of my card. I used TONS of flowers as adornment for this card. They can all be found at Wild Orchid Crafts, cream and white (I painted with Scarlet Glimmer Mist) 25mm roses, 15mm two-tone black roses. I punched out the leaves with my Martha Stewart frond punch. I also used my Doily flowers die from Magnolia to punch some flower bases. I then added gold stickles to EVERYTHING to bring on the bling! This card is super sparkly!
I finished off the inside of the card with more of the patterned paper. I used my Vintage Tag Doohickey die for the sentiment tag, and the Happy Birthday sentiment is also by Magnolia.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Lili of the Valley - Say it with Flowers
Basic Grey - Wings
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid - Anything Goes
ABC DT Challenge - Birthday
Prairie Fairy Fridays - It's my party
Bearly Mine - Birthday
Paper Sundaes - Stripes



15 comments:

  1. Total gorgeousness Becca! Love the jovial paper with this image and you're right it's the most adorable birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card, I do love the deep colours you used, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card I love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine....

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card and so much detail. Thanks for joining us at ABC DT Birthday Challenge. Be sure to add our blinkie to your side bar for a chance to win even more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely FABULOUS! Just love the bright bold colours you've used and the inside is just as beautiful as the outside. Well done! TFS, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers and your coloring is superb! Thanks for joining us in the ABC DT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, love your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this is just gorgeous, beautiful coloring, details, and of course the flowers. What a wonderful card for anyone's birthday. Thank you for joining us over on the ABC Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! this is totally gorgeous Becca,i really love the rich colours and such a sweet image.
    The BG papers are perfect with the pretty flowers too.
    thank you for joining us at BasicGrey,
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps challenge! hugs,Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning chick. I love that image and the flowers you used are so pretty :) Thank you for joining us over at the LOTV Thursday challenge. Hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Becca, beautifully coloured gorgeous image and your papers, flowers and details are sensational!!

    So glad you could join us at Basic Grey,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Becca! Your card is gorgeous, I love every detail!

    ReplyDelete