Monday, February 21, 2011

Cheers!

This card made Top 3 at Lili of the Valley Challenge blog.
This card won Oh La La at My Sheri Crafts

I LOVE Lili of the Valley stamps, they are just the CUTEST things, and so detailed and fun to color. For this card, I wanted to stick with my FAVE colors for the LOTV challenge, which are cream, black, and pink. I chose Coffee Break for this card, and just think this image is precious!!
I followed the sketch over at Wild Orchid Crafts for the layout, and think it turned out so stinkin cute. I used the patterned paper from Webster's Pages Life's Portrait. I love the soft colors of this paper. The patterns go together so wonderfully. The papers are so cheerful and springy. I just love the soft color palette, so pretty.
I colored up these cuties with copics (I will try to remember all the colors I used)
Skin - E00, E000, E11, R20
Clothes - R02, R01, R00, R0000, W1, W2, W3, W5, W7, W9
Table and Stools - W5, W3, W5, W3, W1 (Silver Spica Pen for some sparkle)
Background - W1, W00, B0000

Here is the artsy view of my card. I accented the card with some butterflies punched with my Monarch Martha Stewart punch. (LOVE that thing). I then added some black rhinestone bling to the bodies.
I wanted to show a close up of the flowers I used in the arrangement. All the flowers I used are from Wild Orchid Crafts, LOVE them. I used white roses 25mm (which I painted with my Lindy's Stamp Gang Coral Starburst Stain), black 15mm roses, and six white 4mm closed roses in white. I finished of the arrangement with some punched branches with my Martha Stewart Punch, and some Prima black bling swirls.
The inside of the card is finished off with more of the design paper and matting. I used one of my Crafty Secrets stamps for the inside sentiment, and more black rhinestone bling.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Lili of the Valley - Fave colors
Bunny Zoes - Spring flowers everywhere
Charisma Cards - Spring has Sprung
My Sheri Crafts - All About Girls
Pile it On - Childhood Dreams
Papertake Weekly - Putting on the Glitz
Simon Says Stamp - Create your own embellishment (pink roses were white)

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, cute card, love all the details.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love your color scheme!! Your coloring skills are fabulous!! I love those cute little LOTV images too. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog. I hope to see more of your beautiful creations again soon.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe this card is absolutely gorgeous, love your colouring, papers and fabulous image. Sooo cute!
    Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Becca! Love your coloring and your favorite colors are just a perfect stunning combination. Gorgeous layout and papers too!
    Hugs,Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! What a great color scheme - I'm loving the black pearls with the ribbon...it's really striking : )

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this time. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Becca your card is gorgeous! I love the color combo and the cute image.
    Hugs, Rleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Those roses look amazing!
    Thanks for joining in on our sketch challenge this week at Wild Orchid Crafts!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Becca, love the colours,

    Thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week! The Design Team & Myself are really pleased that you joined us
    Thank you, HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete