Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tilda wants a hug!

This card was so much fun!!!! I LOVE the colors, the papers, the stamps, the flowers, the glitter....ok, pretty much I LOVE everything about this card!!!! I followed the recipe on Magnolia-licious Highlites blog for this card, and followed the sketch on Wild Orchid Crafts blog for the layout. I just love how it turned out.
I used my Basic grey Curio paper and matted the three different patterns with cream and brown cardstock. I LOVE this combo of papers, the brown, red, and cream go so well together, and I love that this paper pack is edged with a dark chocolate brown already, so wonderfully distressed. I just added more Espresso Dabber paint to the edges of the paper that I cut to get my measurements right to finish off the look. I added a cream lace and brown grossgrain ribbon to the bellyband of this card, I think it adds such a nice touch.
I used some roses from my stash. They are already two-toned brown roses that I got from iamroses.com a while back. I just placed another order, as my stash is slowly dwindling down to nothing left!!!! I added two Recollections green leaves, a red leaf stick pin, and a Grungeboard swirl to the arrangement. On the swirl, I painted it with espresso dabber paint, then went over it with red stickles to make it pop, not sure if it shows real well in the pic, but IRL, it is awesome. Down by the sentiment, I added a single red mini rose, to make 4 total flowers on the card. I also added red stickles to this red rose to give it some added pop!
I used two Magnolia Stamps on this card, Tilda wants a hug which is a new stamp for me, and Shabby Chic Fence, which is also a new stamp in my stash. I just think they are so super cute together, and they were so fun to color!!!! They look like they are ready for Spring, and the warm weather. I masked Tilda before stamping the fence behind her, and I am just LOVING this technique. I colored the image with copics.
Skin - E000, E00, R20
Hair - E51, E25, E57, E59
Dress and socks- E40, E41, E42, E43, E25, E27, E29
Fence - W1, W3, W5
Grass and flowers - R27, R29, G20, G21, G24, G14
The sentiment is a freebie digi stamp that I picked up from Bizzy Becs Store blog. I distressed the sentiment with Vintage Photo and then added red stickles to the center circle, isnt it so cute!!!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Magnolia-licious Highlites - recipe (3 design papers, 4 flowers, 2 Magnolia images, and 1 ribbon)
All that Scraps - magnolia challenge
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Your Newest Stamp
7 Kids College Fund - Hot or Cold
iCopic Lover - Color Challenge (red, Cream, and Brown)
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes - Something New (new paper pad, new stamp)
Charisma Cardz - Happy Birthday
Creative Inspirations - Something New (new paper pad, new stamp)

38 comments:

  1. Oh Becca,
    This is a beautiful card. I love all shades of browns! Simply a wonderful share.
    Blessings to you from Georgetown,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca, this card is so adorable. I love Tilda in these iCopic colors. The papers, flowers, and ribbon are perfect! Thanks for playing along with iCopic Lovers. Linda Cummings iCopic DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty. You really know how to use the more subtle colors. They come together beautifully.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Becca, oh my, oh my, oh my!!! This is just gorgeous what a beautiful job you did on the placement of your key pieces and the embellishments are gorgeous. Love the browns and reds...really stunning..hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Becca!!! I love the yummy browns!!! Beautiful work!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becca, beautiful dark brownish scheme and the white lace contrast. Cute and adorable Tilda with beautiful layout of this card :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so sweet, love your card, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! Love the colours and Tilda is just beautiful!
    Love your sentiment - am looking for one just like it.
    Went to Bizzy Becs and couldn't find it anywhere. Could you help me?
    Many thanks - hugs Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Utterly gorgeous, love the colour combo and the sweet image. Love the sentiment too. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week with your lovely creation.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becca!!! I love the colors you used and this image is so cute!!! Your coloring is absolutely amazing!! Thanks a lot for sharing your talent with all of us!
    Have a marvellous week-end.
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you card and your coloring is so nice. I like all the sponging on the card, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becca what an adorable little card you have created lov ethe colors.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Becca, this is STUNNING!!!!!!! A beautiful creation colored magnificently with fabulous details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Becca this is lovely! Beautiful colors and I love this scene you created! Wonderful work! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Becca, love the colors and layout, Simply stunning

    ReplyDelete
  16. Becca this is such a darling card...my goodness!! All of those details you have added are marvelous!! Thanks for your visit to me...Big hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these two images together & your colouring & layout are wonderful! Love those flowers too! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my this is lovely!!!!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Becca your card is gorgeous! I love the color combination you chose and the way you laid out all the paper & embellisments. I am a followe now and would love if you stop by my place and look around. Hugs, Fran
    http://scallopsandswirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your colors....nice blog I am going to become a follower
    please stop by and check out my blog grandmaspearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Becca!
    Love the colors you have used on this card.
    it's a gorgeous card.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really really love this card. I love brown and you have embellished this so well. Great colouring job.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card Becca - love everything about it! Thanks for playing along with us at PTW this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous tilda image and I love the extra dimension you've created here. Thanks for entering the challenge at creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card, love all the layers and details! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations, hope to see you again next time. Good luck! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's absolutely gorgeous Becca!!! Great job!!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and entering my blog candy.

    I hope you will return ...

    big hugs for you...Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is really beautiful! I love the colors. Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  29. she is gorgeous and I love the colors!

    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ♥ Lisa M

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card, love the colours and papers and those beautiful flowers! Thanks so much for joining in with the Creative Inspirations challenge this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  31. lovely card - the browns are just wonderful, and i LOVE those flowers! thank you for playing along at Charisma for our Birthday Celebration! :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, I love the deep shades in this one! Gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  33. Adorable Magnolia Tilda card! So glad you linked up to the ATS Magnolia Challenge, Winter where you live! Thanks for playing!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely beautiful card! So glad you joined us at 7 Kids Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love these colors! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kid's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete