Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby, Baby

AAAAAWWWEEE, I love this cute baby boy! Isnt this Magnolia stamp adorable! I have a friend who just had a baby boy, Ivan. I am so excited to bring her this card, I think it turned out just adorable.
For the sentiment, I used a SUPER old stamp set I got when I first started in this crazy craft world. I do not even know who makes it. But, I love this sentiment, so sweet, and perfect for a baby boy card. I stamped it on cream cardstock, then distressed the edges with Broken Glass and Vinatage Photo Distress Inks.
I colored this cutie pie with copics
Skin - E000, E00, R02
Clothes - B0000, B00, B01, Y20, E40
Wings - Y15, Y13, Y11
Pillow - Y000, Y00, Y01
Shadow - B0000, W1, W3, W5

I cut the image out with my Lacey Circles Nesties and distressed it with Broken Glass and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

The only embellies I added were a cream colored silk ribbon and some blue roses and white cherry blossom from iamroses.com. I wanted to keep it to a minimum since the sentiment and image were focal points.
I followed the sketch from Saturday Sketchers for this week, and used some of my Webster's Pages papers. All papers were distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Totally Tilda - Baby Baby
Wild Orchid - Let's Get Sentimental
Paper Sundaes - Birthday Bash (past challenge - From your stash (Webster's paper, OLD sentiment Stamp)
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Some Polka Dots
Bearly Mine Challenges - Recipe (3 flowers (three roses), 2 design papers, 1 image)
Stamp Something - Cute something



28 comments:

  1. Wonderful sweet card! Have the same stamp coloured on my desk but for a girl. Thanks for playing with us over at BMC!
    XMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic sentiment, divine coloring, loving the layout too!! Fabulous work!!

    Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Becca, such a sweet image and sentiment to go with it. Thanks for playing along this week at Bearly Mine Challenges
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable, Becca! Love all the distressed edges and I totally agree with you on the sweetness of this baby image! Your sentiment is perfect! I think the new mum will love this treasure...hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is precious! Sooooo beautifully colored and your layout, colors and flowers are perfect together...I would use all caps to show my enthusiasm but she is sleeping so peacefully I don't want to wake her! ;)
    Gorgeous!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is breathtaking! I have that stamp set and just love that sentiment. It's one of my favorites! Your coloring is fantastic and the design is lovely. Great job!

    Chris Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becca....this is adorable!!!
    Hugs from Indiana,
    Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card -Your friend will love it.
    Sandy D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, Becca, what a precious card. The new Mom (is this her 1st?) will simply love this card. The baby is so adorable--love the way you colour him. Terrific distressed edges and the sentiment is just perfect.

    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I saw it, I immediately went awwwwww...this is soooo precious!!! I love the sentiment and your coloring is beautiful! Great card, Becca!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just darling! You've done a beautiful job! Love the distressing! :) hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable card...congrats to your friend.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card with a lovely sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card love your coloring and the sentiment
    could not be better

    ReplyDelete
  15. Хорошенькая открытка, прелестный малыш!
    Очень интересно!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful darling really pretty
    Thanks for joining us at the totally Tilda challenge this time
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card. Love the design and the way you colored your baby is just gorgeous. Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable image, and a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is sooooo pretty...fab colour combo too. Thanks for joining our birthday challenge this week at Paper Sundaes.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's absolutely gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, an adorable card and your sentiment stamp rocks. I'm sure Ivan's mom will love it. Thanks so much for sharing at the MSL 'sentiment' challenge. C2

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous card, thanks so much for joining us at BM Challenges..........

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Becca! Love all the details! Thanks for playing at Totally Tilda!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this card, and the sentiment may be old...but it is still beautiful! WTG girlie, hoping you win one of the challenges with this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh so beautiful!

    Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda!

    XO!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a sweet card and so beautifully coloured!
    Thank You for joining in at Bearly Mine Challenges x

    ReplyDelete