Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tilda's Picture Frame

Here is a picture frame I made to showcase Tilda Hanging on Ornament. I think she is adorable, and this frame looks great on the coffee table. This also makes a great gift for someone special! I bought these frames at Michael's, they are really inexpensive, and look like a million bucks when completed!
I used my Graphic 45 Christmas Past paper for the design of this frame. I traced the frame shape onto the paper, and cut it out. I painted the entire frame with a copper colored acrylic paint, the adhered the design paper to the front. I then used my Walnut Stain Distress ink to daub the edges of the frame for a finished look.
I added some prima flowers that I glimmer misted in gold and Red Velvet Glimmer mist. I also added a pearl sheer leaf and a Tim Holtz key that says secret. I feel like keeping secrets at Christmas is a lot of the fun! Keeping gifts secret, secret plans, secret Santa, etc. It is so much fun! I also added a dark red ribbon and bow to finish off the project.
I colored Tilda with copics
Skin - E000, E00, R20
Hair - E51, E57, E59
Outfit - E40, E41, E42, R32, R29
Ornament - R24, R27, R29, G24, Y15
I also added stickles to the ornament to give it some sparkle!
I am entering this project into the following challenges:
All that Scraps - Magnolia Challenge
Really reasonable Ribbon - Anything But a card
Wild Orchid - Old Fashioned Christmas
Bunny Zoe Crafts - Christmas, But not a card
Creative Inspirations - Christmas Gifts
Stamping Scrapping - Christmas Challenge


5 comments:

  1. That is really lovely Becca!! Great idea!! Greetings, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorated picture frame, and Tilda is pretty darn cute too! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a wonderful frame - love that paper. This would be a terrific gift. Thanks so much for sharing at the SSCC Challenge. C2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh this is a real beauty Becca, the frame looks great especially with your design and embellishments and what really finishes it off perfectly is that wonderful image of Tilda, I love it.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful frame, I love the old fashion paper.

    Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge.

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete