Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thinking of you - Lovely Tilda

For this card I used Lovely Tilda from the new Cozy Autumn collection from Magnolia. There are so many yummy images from this collection, it is super hard to chose what to color. I Love this little image of lovely Tilda. She looks like she is laughing really hard at a funny joke. She is so cute.
I used Webster's pages - Lullaby Lane, paper collection for this card to keep the colors soft. The challenge over at Wild Orchids Crafts this week is pastels. I am SO not a pastel type person, so the only thing I could think of was babies. I was actually super surprised when I found this paper in my stash, as I do not EVER buy pastel colors. I tried to keep everything soft and light for this card.
I used a light pink feather and a pear stick pin as extra embellishment in my flowers. For the flowers, I used 2 twisted roses from Iamroses.com, and one white larger rose. I used Tattered Rose distress ink on the tips of the white rose to change the color and make the rose match the design paper. I really like how it turned out. I also added some prima pearls/bling for added embellishment.
I colored tilda with the following copics:
Hair - E57, E59, E53
Skin - E000, E00, R20
Dress and Bow - YR000, YR00, W5, BG13
Socks - BG13
I used the sketch from Papertake Weekly for this weeks challenge. I really liked this weeks sketch challenge. I used some of this gorgeous white rose lace as accents for the sketch. I hope you like this card. It was very far out of my comfort zone with the colors, but I am happy withe the outcome. I hope you enjoy!!!!
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Sketch 49

No comments:

Post a Comment